“Taste Like Home”
Review of Satay House

Satay House
Reserve with OpenTable
Satay House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,827 of 23,877 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Paddington / Maida Vale
Cross street: Sussex Gardens
Description: For more than 30 years, Satay House restaurant in London���s Paddington has been attracting lovers of Malaysian cuisine from all over the capital and across the globe. Satay House Malaysian restaurant was given a rejuvenating makeover in 2006 by the designers of Wagamama so it now sports cheerful orange feature walls with hibiscus flower stencils, sleek leather upholstery and pools of warm light. Despite the name, the food isn���t just about ���meat on sticks���, though Satay House���s satay is likely to be the best in the city. Certainly the restaurant is a home-away-from-home for ex-pat Malaysians and there are regular visits from the Malaysian royal family. Large portions of fiery sambal and traditional rending curries offer the perfect opportunity to eat ���Hidangan style���, or sharing with the rest of your table as in traditional Malay culture. All food served at Satay House is certified Halal and the soft beverages include several intriguing Malay offerings.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was meeting with my friends who stay in London. He recommend this restaurant since we are home sick of Malaysian Food. The great taste of Satay Ayam for our starter and Nasi Beriani Kambing for main meal remind me of my home town. My wife love noodles very much and she ordered Mee Bandung even though the taste is different from Mee Bandung Muar, but the taste is delicious. My dessert is Ais Kacang, which in Malaysia we call it ABC. I can't believe they serve Ais Kacang in Winter Season but who care. I like it. Delicious and halal too.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good little halal restaurant tucked away in the streets of Paddington. Prices can be quite expensive but then again almost everything in London are. Portions are very generous so if you're Asian buy 1 dish to share with 2. Food is quite delicious also. Service is fast and the waitresses are friendly.

Thank Muhammad Firdau... F
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I found this restaurant by accident while looking for a Spanish one close by but the London rain started and my friends and I took shelter and lunch here. My friends are Singaporean so have a bit of a rivalry with Malaysian food but were very impressed as was I.
The staff didn't mind 3 very wet looking guests turning up without a reservation and we found a table immediately, seating for about 30 upstairs and more below but they suggest reservation on weekends. The lunch rush hour was just finishing and we took our time but were not put under pressure to order or leave.
Starter was a Nasi Putih, spicy lamb and potatoe cutlet then Rendan Daging a slow cooked spicy beef in coconut milk with rice. The Malay chef will do less spicy (which is what I ordered) and its served traditionally apparently so its not a sauce/gravy.
All delicious and again no hassle while we chatted and waited for a break in the rain to start out again.

Best bit, great flavours, no hassle from the staff.
Worst Not much room upstairs and the additional sating is downstairs so no view.
Price, £15 each for starters and main with rice inc service.
Think they have a 2011 best asian restaurant award but they are clearly not resting on their laurals.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Incredibly tasty Malaysian food with generous portions. The waitress explained the different character of the dishes and her recommendations were spot-on. Wines start at approx £14, which isn't too bad for Central London. The food is the winner, though - no gripes whatsoever.

The venue is on the small side...don't go here with SUV-sized buggies. Also, the labels on the loos are in Malaysian!

Will visit again and again, no doubt.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Been here on several occasions with friends, its a small cosy resturant with real good authentic food. Will carry on visiting! Only thing is its quite a small and tight place.