“Awful”

Bertorelli - Covent Garden
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I booked this restaurant as part of Theatre/Dinner deal. As part of the deal we were only allowed the set menu. Before ordering we were told the pizza oven was not working so only 2 choices were left. Opting for the Minestrone Soup or should I say boiled kettle water with veggie bits (tasteless). The 4 main choices were also uninviting I opted for the breaded chicken on salad. The chicken was greasy on the outside and leather inside the salad was lettuce only. The 3 choices for the dessert were down to 2 when it was time to order. This was without doubt the worse meal I have ever had and that includes any greasy spoon cafes as a child.

Reviewed April 11, 2009

Diappointingly below our expectations, based on our last visit (also pre-theatre), several years ago. Less comfort, less quality and, instead of cheerful waiters (a welcome feature of most Italian restaurants), tall and elegant but rather glacial girls. Less extensive menu with less focus on Italian dishes. My calves liver was OK but undistinguished, while my wife's bream was tepid and undercooked. We were unimpressed by the price charged (incl. 12.5% service charge), for what we had. Gents' loo ok, if small; ladies' small with only one wc. Perhaps inevitably, with anticipated throughput as a restaurant so well-located for theatres, seating was rather 'cheek by jowl'. Offers an average service but with few pretensions to quality.

1  Thank JFTW
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Rather generic food but a decent bar area for after-work drinks.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 25, 2008

I do love this place!.. Always nice vegetarian options. Loving the boxed camembert especially! lol

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 17, 2007

A little crowded, but a great cocktail menu and decent food for a chain, the Beef Wellington is especially good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook