“Permanently CLOSED DOWN”

Kafeteria
Ranked #938 of 28,484 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: Established in 20006, Family run , Cafe by day, pizzeria by night. The cuisine is mediterranean , with a full breakfast service from 6.30am till 11.30 (mon-fri ) 08.00 - 12.00 on Saturdays. Followed by a lunch service ranging from of delicious salads , toasted ciabattas , daily hot chicken & pasta dishes. The evening service starts from 4pm with mouthwatering pizzas made from sourdough & as well as salads, deserts & hot dishes to include our 4 layered Lasagne:. We have a back yard which is Ideal for eating al fresco for hot summer nights!
Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

Just letting everyone know that this place has permanently closed down in July 2019. Cafe Arena next doors is still serving so use it as an alternative.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed July 13, 2019

This place has been serving the best coffee I came across in London. And Pastel de Natas. And surely peeps who has been visiting this place have their faves.
Unfortunately the lovely young man who is on duty today told me this is their last day!
So fellow coffee lovers and foodies if the review is up and running today (Saturday, 13 july), pop in, have some yummy food and a bang tidy cup of coffee!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

Just finished our takeaway pizzas and felt compelled to write a glowing review. Friendly people, quick service, and the tastiest pizzas we have had in a long time. The sourdough base is lovely, and the toppings were fresh and full of flavour. Top marks and highly recommended! Places like this deserve to prosper and thrive.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019

I am an independent filmmaker from the United States and I was in town last month for the Sc-Fi London Film Festival. The Kafeteria was the most wonderful place. I went there 6 times while in London. A family owned business with wonderful hospitality! A variety of pastas, sandwiches, pizza, breakfast items, desserts...it was wonderful. I would have something different for lunch every day on the way to the festival and then sometimes at night, on the way back, I would grab a slice of their wonderful pizza. I even bought a bunch of their gift wrapped chocolate brownies to give to the festival staff as a parting gift and they were absolutely incredible! I recommend this place not just to folks in London but anyone visiting! These people and their wonderful food really helped make my stay in London such a great time!

Date of visit: June 2019
529semay, Owner at Kafeteria, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Dear guest,

We are so glad you enjoyed our food & service. We also enjoyed serving you & listening to your daily activities at the festival with much interest Being an independent family business our ethos is to treat all our customers as friends, we are very happy that this has come across.

We thankyou for your glowing comments about Kafeteria & hope that you will come to visit us in your future travels.
Warmest wishes from the whole team at Kafeteria

Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

I really like their food. You can get the "main" for £4 or a combo "main" + 2 salads for £7. The "main" offers many options and they change. I saw pizza, lasagna, various pastas. Salads offer a great selection as well.

Date of visit: June 2019