“5* Sunday Roast”

Ranked #120 of 27,504 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Chops and steaks from award winning butcher and farmer Philip Warren in Cornwall, all cooked over a real charcoal grill alongside seasonal sides. Wine on tap and cocktails for a fiver as well as a Sunday Roast almost as good as Mum's.
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

The BEST Sunday dinner you can find. Hard to ever find nice roast potatoes which are cooked on mass but these are to die for. Lovely staff who make you feel very welcome and a vibrant atmosphere. The cheesecake at the end is delicious. We were given the whole tray for our shared dessert which was great as the biscuit is the best bit! Already looking forward to my next visit.

Great value for two people at £70 for the all in (6 slices of meat, 2 yorkshires, potatoes, carrots and broccoli, a side of cauliflower cheese, a glass of prosecco and glass of red wine and a portion of the white chocolate cheesecake)

Do book in advance!!

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed March 16, 2019

We had lunch here on Fri and all the dishes were tasty. We decided to share all the plates between the five of us, so we had 5 X Pre Chop Bites at £3 each (three small crackers with toppings), 2 X Steak Sarnies £10 each, plus 2 X All In plates of asst chops at £20 each served with Sweet potato and Courgette/Chicory side dishes. Plus we had a 500ml Stellenbosch red wine carafe. Food quality good throughout but value not quite so great given the portion sizes. A busy and boisterous cellar area with high ambient noise levels. Cost per head was £20, though we did not order all that much - it was a light lunch.

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

Visited here on TripAdvisor ratings and happy to take it down a notch or two.

I had the steak sandwich with fries. It was fine but over-priced for what you got. The Blacklock lager has already been excoriated elsewhere on these reviews, rightly so.

Main problem, the pushy staff with their carefully rehearsed formulaic mantra to try to get you to buy as much beef per 100g as they can persuade you to. It’s like going to a market not a restaurant. And a whole list of specials I strongly suspect are special all the time. The staff also speak English with heavy accents and in the noise it is difficult to understand them. In short, the ordering is far from transparent and complex enough to put you off. ThAts why I went for the only fish straightforwardly priced... and felt short changed. Apart, that is, from a dish for two.

Life is complicated enough. Will be dining elsewhere.

1  Thank LOGITRAV
Reviewed March 11, 2019

I came here with my partner on a Saturday night. When we arrived it was really busy and we went to the pub next door while we waited for a table to become available. They texted me to let me know my table was ready and we were seated straight away once we arrived. The service was outstanding. Very friendly and accommodating, especially from Oliver. My partner and I had a selection of the skinny jobs, the chips, sweet potato and a selection of their delicious sauces. We also tried their unique cocktails as well! The food was absolutely amazing, it was seasoned well, cooked to perfection! The meat was very flavoursome as well. This is the best restaurant I've been to in a very long time. The atmosphere is great, decor very trendy, food absolutely banging and the staff are lovely. The price - I was pleasantly surprised, for what we ordered it was very reasonable. Especially because the quality of the food was outstanding, and we had two cocktails each! I cannot fault this place at all. I would 100% recommend this place and I will be returning VERY soon, most likely booking for my birthday.

Date of visit: March 2019
BlacklockSoho, Manager at Blacklock Soho, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Dear MysteryShopperFrost,
Thanks so much for your lovely review!
Im so glad you had such an amazing time, Im going to tell Oliver, for sure he will be over the moon!
Hopefully, we will see you soon.

Andrea and Blacklock Soho team xx

Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

Customer service 5/5
Quality of food: 5/5
Price: £35-50 /per

The first day of our visit from Los Angels, I didn’t make reservations but I really wanted to try this place.
So we got there around 5:10pm and there are already 3 groups in there.
As soon as we sat seat, there are amazing caring waitress and waiters took care of us. Food was amazing but their customer service was fantastic! They made our day and we would definitely come back here.

Date of visit: March 2019
BlacklockSoho, General Manager at Blacklock Soho, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2019

Hi Saho09

Thanks for the visit and glad we could get you a table!!
Fills us with pride to know that we looked after you well and you will be coming back to us one day!!

See you sooner than later we hope

Matt