“Great hotel”

The Royale Chulan Hyde Park Hotel London
Ranked #755 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Great hotel”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff.
Stayed here with my friend on the 26th January to 30th January 2014 will definitely be revisiting. Great location 5 min walk to Bayswater tube station. 24 hour reception. Clean rooms, free wifi, sizable TV (not that we watched much of it) nice little kitchen. Sizable bathroom, beds were really big and comfortable. Although we had a room on the front of the building very little noise. Over all lovely stay and would recommend hotel to everyone. Price was extremely good & already planning another trip hope to see them very soon Jessica.

Also held our luggage all day on the Thursday due to train been later on with no fuss. Thank You Again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JessicaLeeds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

First review I have ever writing and felt that I should a hotel this friendly and well located should be noticed and from all the bad reviews I think a good one should be noticed and a true one me and my girlfriend stayed here on Thursday the 16th of jan for 1 night and the room we were meant to go in was full booked so with out fuss they upgraded us too a 3 bedroom suite and we only wanted the one so thy made no fuss and they put us straight in a gorgeous lovely room clean big bathroom nice little kitchen comfy beds was great easy located near baywater station and loads of shops around would definitely stay again cheap excellent stay friendly hotel staff and cleaner too thanks Peter singh

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Petersingh
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here three nights.
I found my room to be clean and comfortable. It was lovely and warm. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchenette was only two stove tops. I would've liked a microwave. The location was good. Very easy walk from bayswater station on the circle line. Further down the street is queensway station which is on the central line. Hyde park is an easy stroll, and whiteleys is around the corner. There are lots of food places around. The man who checked me in was fairly indifferent. Took my credit card number for security, told me my room number and that was it. He wasn't rude but definitely not warm at all. I didn't have any interactions with staff beyond him so can't comment on their level of service over all.
Given the price I probably wouldn't stay here again. Breakfast wasn't provided and the kitchenette doesn't have the facilities for you to do any cooking yourself.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Madison W
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Amazing service at this place. Very clean and modern and although not the ritz it scored highly for saving new years eve as originally we booked in a horrible place which was un-livable! Then when chucking down rain today they gave me and my 3 friends amazing quality umbrellas. What heros and such great service! Ritz quality service! This accommodation is great and I'm a snob so for me to say it's good... it's good! Thanks!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank flojoroyo
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We rang this hotel in desperation to fulfil our New Year's Eve expectations and they did with their amazing service! We originally booked a stay through citybase apartments which happened to be absolute dire for the £300 we had spent so when we rang this hotel by the off chance straight away the lady on the phone was sympathetic and accommodating for an amazing price on the night for £109 on nye! We got to the hotel and let us see the room now it wasn't a palace but it was everything we needed and more compared to the £300 we spent on what was a sofa bed and a table and chair! The next morning we was woken by a phone call telling us checkout was at 11 and it was 12 but she was not annoyed and was quite polite about it so we got ready to leave we got out at 1 and they still were polite enough to hold our luggage and give us a FREE umbrella for the miserable day whilst we explored London! And when we went to tip them for their services they refused it and just wished us a happy new year!

Brilliant service and everything we needed thankyou again and just want to say thankyou to the man that helped carry my bag up three flights of stairs and had a smile at the end of it and to everyone who bothers to read this for a budget night over our expectations this is the place to go!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Mias1992
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

First place we stayed at in London for two nights, pretty good I must say. Location is excellent, our room was good, had a plasma and a few stairs to get down to the kitchen area, bathroom was tiny though and was kept awake by yelling/drunk guy down on the street, could also hear a woman trampling around in her heels above us but it wasn't too bad.
Would stay there again for a couple of nights as the bed was incredibly comfortable and the location is brilliant

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tess C
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel overnight on the 14th December 2013. We were initially meant to stay in Lords Hotel but they were fully booked so we were sent to The Hyde Park. We were put in the basement, the room had no window, if there had been a fire or a flood we would never have got out, there were no means of escape from the basement. The walls were filthy, the carpet had iron burns all in it. The toilet and basin were clean, the shower had all mould in it. We had to endure some woman screaming out through the night (having rumpy). It was freezing, someone above us must have had about three showers through the night... Four star - if that's a four star then i am most definitely the queen. Would not recommend it to anyone ever !!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family