“Real Italian food”

Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus 43, Walking ditance to Angel Tube and also Highbury Islington Tube
Description: Antonio’s Ristorante is a family owned Italian restaurant on Upper Street in Islington one of London restaurants most popular eating and drinking destinations. From the beginning the aim has been to provide good quality homemade Italian food and to create a memorable experience for our guests in a happy and cosy environment. At Antonio's we believe in informal but excellent service. When it’s comes to cookery Antonio who was born in England & father is from Calabria, South Italy believes in a good quality but basic concept with the minimum of fuss and the maximum of flavour.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

You think you're accidentally walking into a car mechanic's yard but that's cos you are! Antonio's shares the yard with one so the outside seating is peculiar but the restaurant is attractive inside. The service was friendly and the food authentic. A bit let down that several specials were not available but that's only because the restaurant serves fresh quality dishes.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had lunch there on a Sunday, enjoyable terrace, food is tasty but waited a while to be served. Very good white wine. A place to try on a lazy day

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Apart from the very pleasant service the food in this restaurant must have been cooked by an infant. My Swordfish was over cooked. My wife had a dish which looked like a mash potato moat with boiled chicken and uncooked mushrooms floating in oil. The side dish oroast potatoes were terrible and had obviously been precooked and warmed up.
All in all this has to be one of the worst over-priced italian restaurants we've experienced. Avoid unless you enjoyed school dinnners

1  Thank resist123
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary at Antonio's Ristorante during a family vacation. We read good reviews but were a little uncertain. From the first warm greeting, the service was excellent. We ordered lasagna and spinach cannelonni, both of which were superb. Overall, we had an outstanding experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank scottdean
Reviewed June 14, 2013

If you are in London and love Italian food, service and atmosphere then this is the place to go. I have been many time to this restaurant on different occasions, friends, family and business and every time I go back I wish I went more often. The food is authentic Italian fayre at it's best, cooked with real care and passion by the kitchen. The front of house staff are always so welcoming, attentive, friendly and polite with a good knowledge of the food on offer and more importantly the wine pairings with your meal. Great value for money for the high standard of the food and service. Atmosphere is always buzzing and the ambience is good for any occasion, so I would recommend to book in advance to avoid disappointment. I cannot rate this restaurant highly enough, as I have been quite a few times now and have always had a great night at Antonio's. so if you want a little piece of Italy in London then go to this fantastic restaurant and live la dolce vita!

2  Thank Stebass1