“Fantastic Food - romantic rustic atmosphere”

Antonio's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Antonio's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,429 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus 43, Walking ditance to Angel Tube and also Highbury Islington Tube
Description: Antonio’s Ristorante is a family owned Italian restaurant on Upper Street in Islington one of London restaurants most popular eating and drinking destinations. From the beginning the aim has been to provide good quality homemade Italian food and to create a memorable experience for our guests in a happy and cosy environment. At Antonio's we believe in informal but excellent service. When it’s comes to cookery Antonio who was born in England & father is from Calabria, South Italy believes in a good quality but basic concept with the minimum of fuss and the maximum of flavour.
London
“Fantastic Food - romantic rustic atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

This rustic and romantic restaurant gives you an authentic Italian country feel. It is not sophisticated but like being in a country restaurant. The food is fantastic. The staff are wonderful but at busy times could do with an extra pair of hands. Sit downstairs. Upstairs covers for large bookings.

This really is a romantic venue and your date will love it. It is nested down a courtyard off Upper Street and the owners have been here for five years.

This is my favourite Italian in the area without a doubt. You will love it!

• Visited January 2013

Paisley, United Kingdom
“good food but pricey extra,s”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

we went to antonio,s for xmas diiner , the actuel food was good and value for money , the bill was slightly higher than we thought but it was xmas day , we decided to give it a go on sat for a lunch , we ordered two pizzas , we were asked if we wanted the usual water, olives and bread , which of course we knew we would pay for , when the bill came the total billfor the extra,s was nearly twice the cost of two pizzas? the one beer and a coke , olives ,bread and water , along with the service charge was nearly £28.
although we like it we felt a bit ripped off , when we got home and checked the xmas day bill we realised the service charge had been £29 , ok we should have checked this first , but you only learn by your mistakes , so other places to try in same area will give them a go .

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank govanboy47
London, United Kingdom
“Time Travel in Islington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant is at the rear of 137 which is called La Divina. As I used to jointly own La Divina with my brother and sister many years ago when it was a News Agents I know this area very well. I also lived in The Mitre Pub which was owned by my dad. So, here I am 30 years in the future and looking for something to eat and La Divina is pretty full and I am on my own. I saunter down the alleyway that used to be the entrance to the Citroen garage run by Nobby and Charlie and what's this? A little Italian restaurant called Antonio's tucked in the right hand corner. I go in and am shown to a table at the back of this strange shaped building. The walls have the original brickwork from when it was a silversmiths and plating works back in the 60's and 70's.
The staff were attentive and friendly and I ordered the Linguine Gamberi and a Pellagrino.
The Linguine was a bit hot for me, slightly too much chillies, but I enjoyed it. I finished off with a portion of Tiramasu. A pleasant atmosphere but a bit expensive I thought. A total of £26.10 with service charge is a little bit over the top. (a portion of tiramasu £6.50!!)
It was strange visiting this place and the staff must have wondered what this old boy, looking all around was up to. The alleyway that you walk down reminded me of the alleyway in "Good Night Sweethart" I felt I had gone back in time.
It was then onto the Almeida to pick up my clients.

• Visited October 2012
Blackpool
“Back for more gastronomic heaven.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went to London for my wife's birthday for the weekend of the 13th October as of all the places in all the world Antonio's was where she wanted to be to celebrate, The food was as outstanding as ever, truly authentic using fresh produce to make your mouth water, the ambience of the place as lovely and warm as we remember & the service second to none. If you get chance pay this place a visit you will not be disappointed. Fantastico!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank darioBlackpool
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible, Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is the worst service I've ever had in a restaurant in London. My mom is over for a few days in London and I wanted to take her to an Italian restaurant. We ordered our food and waited for about 45 minutes until we noticed that all we got was a bottle of water. Then we asked them if something had gone wrong. They said it'll be five minutes. We waited another 20 before asking again and they said the chef had made a mistake and the food will be there soon. At that point, I asked them for the bill because my mom has to catch an early morning flight. I appreciate that they didn't make us pay for the bottle of water.
I will never go back there and I'll be telling every friend of mine in the area never to go back.

Visited October 2012