“Always good”

Neighborhood: Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have been to a number of their restaurants in the UK and abroad. The quality and the service is always excellent. The only downside on this occassion was a rather noisy group, but not the restautant's fault.

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
“I love it”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food was amazing. The flavor was rich and very good quality. I really loved the variety and they had really good wines. Finally the desert was sensational one of the best desserts i have ever had.

Bath
“Great value fixed menu”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Enjoyed two course lunch for £10 or so. A good menu and excellent and friendly service. An excellent atmosphere and with the sun shining an excellent venue.

Wales
“Great alternative to hotel breakfast”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

It had never occurred to me have breakfast at an Italian restaurant until I read a review by a fellow contributor about Carluccio's Cardiff. My hotel reservation did not include breakfast & as I refuse to pay £16 for pot luck quality food kept warm under lamps at the hotel I decided to give Carluccio's a try. I am certainly glad that I did. The breakfast menu is short & simple but the food was freshly prepared & very good quality indeed.

I decided to have Colazione Magnifica which consisted of 2 free range eggs, grilled pancetta, mushrooms, tomato & toast. My eggs were poached to perfection, the pancetta was plentiful & very tasty as were my sautéed mushrooms. My only criticism is that the meal came with just one slice of toasted Italian bread - for me two slices were required. The breakfast came with fruit juice & some excellent rich roast Italian coffee.

Despite being busy the service was fast & polite. Finally, a rarity for a London restaurant is that they don't automatically include 12.5% service charge which is a practice that annoys me. I will always tip 10% or more for adequate service & usually round up so the tip works more.. At under £10 this was far cheaper than my hotel wanted for breakfast & it freshly prepared.

I will definitely use again.

london
“Consistently good”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I'm not a fan of chain restaurants, but this one always delivers. One of the few restos in Canary Wharf to close a bit later than most so quite convenient. Seafood pasta is always spot on and there are lots of healthy options.

Visited May 2013