“Accused of stealing!!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

After being persuaded in by a chap on the street offering 2 4 1 cocktails, we decided to give it a go, and once we reached 'the penthouse' it seemed ok. After finding some seats we chose our cocktails and I went to the bar to order, only to be ushered back to my seat by an over enthusiastic waitress who wanted to offer me table service. Given that we were on a tight deadline as we were off to the theatre afterwards I was keen to place an order as soon as possible. The waitress came and took our order relatively quickly, but unfortunately this was followed by a 20 minute wait for our drinks. Given the delay, we asked for our bill as soon as the drinks were served, when it came, I immediately handed it back to the waitress with the money, she returned my change and all was well. The cocktails were good and the views weren't bad either. Unfortunately, the entire trip was then overshadowed when we left. As we exited the venue on to the busy street, we were humiliated by a waitress running after us, grabbing my shoulder and accusingly stating that 'excuse me ladies you haven't paid your bill'. When we explained that we had, we were told we hadn't, she had checked with another waitress and we had definately not paid. By this point we were incredulous, we gave a description of the waitress we had paid and explained that we were not the sort of people to run off without paying. The waitress did not seem to believe us and did not apologise for her accusational behaviour. In the end we just walked away but I have never been so appalled by the 'customer service' skills and I will NOT be returning. Ironically if she had just allowed me to order my drinks at the bar like a normal establishment none of this would have happened!

6  Thank Beth C

Reviewed March 19, 2013

After changing location for a meeting I had with a high profile client my colleague recommended this place, although dubious about the other reviews I had read on here my colleague assured me that our client wouldn't forget the experience. This one time I have eaten my words. I was gob smacked, met outside by a lovely northern girl who proceeded to take us in a scenic lift to the 7th floor where we were introduced to a very well presented South African bar tender who made the most delicious cocktails at a reasonable price (happy hour 4-9pm) table service to low lounge style furntiure and providied with a menu incase we wanted nibbles.
We ordered a greek sharing platter and for the 2 of us and this was plenty to keep us going whilst talking, finally we succumed to the outstanding views of london from Westminster right round to the Shard and Gerkin.

Needless to say both of us will never forget this experience, I will definatley be bringing more clients to this venue, thank you for helping me secure a brilliant deal with your fantastic staff, view, food and cocktails!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Me and my friends were looking for a night out and found out that if you spend £20 or more in the restaurant you get free club entry! And to make it even better it was 2-4-1 on cocktails till 9pm! The balcony was good as well as my friends are smokers and so it saved them from having to walk downstairs, it also had a lovely view over London.
The food was sooo good! The cocktails were great and the club was the highlight of the night, had such a good atmosphere!
Would recommend Penthouse to anyone looking for a nice sophisticated night out and great food at reasonable prices =)

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I came to the restaurant during the week with my boyfriend. Booking was very easy and hassle free. When we arrived, the restaurant wasn't busy so we requested to move to another table and the staff happily obliged.
The food was well cooked and arrived hot. The wine on the menu was very reasonable too. We both enjoyed our meal, and the lovely views across london. The bill wasn't dear at all (£50 for 2 for a 3 course meal & wine) but we did have a tastecard, which offered 50% off of food.
I have been to the nightclub which is good, very touristy, and not a cheap night out. But I much prefer the restaurant to the nightclub.
Would recomment to all (providing you have a tastecard!)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

awful service! Had my shirt ripped by the staff. My partner was assaulted. Not a place we will be ever be visiting again.

1  Thank ajay s