“Wouldn't go there even if it was free”
Review of The Penthouse

The Penthouse
Ranked #16,887 of 24,020 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed January 12, 2013

awful service! Had my shirt ripped by the staff. My partner was assaulted. Not a place we will be ever be visiting again.

1  Thank ajay s

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked a table for the pre-theatre menu 3-4 weeks before my boyfriend and I were coming down to London - they even rang me to confirm that the table had been booked. Then on the train down to London, on the day we were supposed to be dining there, i received a voicemail saying there was a mix up with the girl who booked the table and they cannot accomodate us tonight - Happy New Year! How rude! Wouldnt mind but i spoke to a male voice!

Shame they didnt want our business as i chose it as it looks nice with great views on the net but i suppose it wasnt ment to be - reading other reviews - it looks like this isnt a rare occurrance or being turned away on the night!

We ate at another restaurant which was very yummy, good service and had 20% off food with theatre tickets on the same street as the show! No reservation required.

1  Thank TayMers
Reviewed November 10, 2012

It's one of my favorite places in London!
New cocktails menu is fabulous!
btw, 2for1 cocktails with the view like that, it's just fantastic.
Well done!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant in a great location and amazing view. The staff are always very friendly and the food is delicious.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

we booked a table here for my birthday for the pre theatre menu for 3 of us, We received an email confirming our booking but when we arrived were turned away on the stairs by a member of staff and told the restaurant was shut for a private event.
I contacted the person who had emailed the confrmation and received a lengthy reply saying she thought everyone had been told and that she would look into it and get back to me the very next day
This was a few weeks ago and i havent heard anything else...
so basically dont book as like us you may end up in the middle of august in leicester square desperately trying to find a table so that you can eat in time to get to your show
Appalling way to treat people!

3  Thank hazel32