“Great Views shame about everything else” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Soho
London, United Kingdom
“Great Views shame about everything else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This could be a top London Venue if the owners had imagination it would be No 1.

A group of us booked this venue and were really excited the website looks great.

Restaurant - when we turned up we were not greeted or acknowledged for 10 minutes. Due to the group size we pre-ordered our food.

The food was terrible it is basically frozen food that they heat up but isn't well cooked to begin with. One of the chicken dishes was half a chicken, while another was a breast but in the food desription you would not have worked this out. Some of the food was warm whilst the plates were too hot. Some people got starters with their mains, that is how poor the service was. The desserts were tasteless and the ice-cream was crystallised. Luckily no-one in the group got food poisioning. The fish dish is a no-order zone it is just tiny bits of fried fish that tastes like cardboard. Will never come back here for food.

The decor is damaged and doesn't fit in with where the venue is situated.

The club is not for Adults but for 16-18 yr olds who've been let out for the first time by their parents, anyone else is too old.

Will never come back here, it's unfortunate as it has so much potential it could be a 5star venue not the 1star it is.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Anna E

“12.5 service charge on drinks!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We went during their happy hour (4-7 pm) cocktails werent great so we decided to leave it wasnt busy at the time the waitress didnt seem too pleased and charged us a 12.5% service charge for two drinks!! We have been before and this has never happened would not reccommend or go again, beware they also charge 15% on top of anything if you pay by card.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great night out !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I went with my girlfriends on the weekend for dinner and nightclub.
The food was fast, well priced and enjoyable.
Cocktails were 2 for the price of 1
The service was lovely we were greeted, welcomed and after our meal the manager not only gave us an area on the top floor but had a dance with us and gave the birthday girl sparklers!

Thanks penthouse for a great evening!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wildbec
“Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have been to london a few times but was disgusted this time round. I was walking past and was stopped by a club representative. After asking him where was good to go he told me he could get me into Penthouse for a fee which was out of my price range. When I told him I was not interested he violently swore at me and called me offensive names. He then claimed I had wasted his time. He was aggressive from the start and definitely put me off going in!

2 Thank Hevva72
London
“Great Views of London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

In need of a bit of TLC furniture wise and difficult to find however worth looking for. Good service but 12.5% service added (be aware as I think that is quite a lot), £14 early bird two course menu which was good value and cannot fault the food or service. It is on the 7th floor overlooking the city with a balcony to view and take photos of London.

• Visited September 2011