“Worse steak house ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Angus Steak House - CLOSED

Angus Steak House
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worse steak house ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

After a busy day in London shopping and sightseeing we saw this place and thought we would have dinner as it looked like a good place to go. How wrong we were. After ordering our food we waited and waited! People came in after us and were given starters and main courses before we had been given our meal. After over 45 minutes waiting we enquired where our food was the waitress told us it was just coming out. After another 10 minutes our food finally arrived. When the food was put in front of us and we cut into our steaks I was further riled to discover mine was not cooked right so I got the waitresses attention and sent it back. When it was brought back to the table the waitress hadn't even put it down on the placemat when she realised that I had asked for no salad and there was salad on the plate, so she took it away again. After 5 minutes it was brought back but this time with no sauce so I had to wait again!! When we were finished we quickly asked for the bill as didn't want to stay any longer. The bill arrived and we noticed we were still being charged full price for this awful meal. I said to the waitress that we did not expect to pay full price because of all the problems and I would have expected a discount on the bill. She informed us that she would have to speak to the manger who thankfully agreed on a discount. We will certainly not be returning to this restaurant on our next visit to London!

1 Thank Sarah B

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Ok and a bit overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

13h00/02/09/2013 Close to Paddington Station 163 Praed Street, London, W2 1RH .We stopped there for lunch after an hospital appointment (close to St Mary's Hospital) 1 starter (calamari) 1 steak,1 beef salad,1 dessert to share + 2 beers+1 sprite = £59.50 .The quality of the steak is good but you have to add up extras for the portion of fries which is minimal.You can select your own sauce and I must say the presentation is elegant.The service was excellent , the lady serving us was very pleasant and smiling.Bless her , she was by herself running everywhere while the manager was no where to be seen to help, he just appeared for 2 seconds. This lady is an asset for Angus Steak but I guess she should get recognition from the management.I was expecting larger portion and my husband was still hungry , he got a burger from Burger King Paddington Station.

Montreal, Canada
“Worst steak I've ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We ate at "Angus Steak House" after the theatre. While we didn't have high expectations, we were completely shocked at how bad it actually was!
We ordered the "8 oz. gold dry aged ribeye @ £19.00 (no sides included). It was awful, just fat and gristle. I managed to get two bites of tough dry steak.
My husband ordered a side of jacket potato. It tasted as if it had been cooked days before. It was overcooked to the point of being runny!
The appetizer we ordered, a baked Brie, had also been nuked to a runny mess. The service was slow and unfriendly. The waitress came by only to throw desert menus on the table then came back 10 minutes later. If a steak restaurant doesn't know how to cook steak, it can't be expected to get anything right.

• Visited September 2013
“Pricey but very tasty steak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a really juicy, tender, flavoursome rib eye. Paid £17.50 for a 10oz, but chips and other sides are £2.50 - £3 on top of this, so bill turned out to be a lot, but nice atmosphere in the upstairs section where we were sat and staff were extremely friendly and knowledgable about the food. Overall we were impressed and would recommend this place if u want a tasty steak!

• Visited September 2013
“Reasonable but overpriced food, terrible wait time even when it was quiet.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Decided to have a meal here whilst visiting London Leicester Square and have to say I regretted it. Were it not that I was starving I would have walked out 15 minutes after ordering, the fact the place was empty pretty much empty and it still took forever for the food to arrive said it all.. even when requesting the bill it took 10 minutes or so to arrive (and requesting it a second time from another server).
Do not recommend eating here unless you're happy to wait around wasting time...
food wise the steak was well cooked although expensive for what it was, be aware you have to order all sides bar a few leaves, found sweet potato sticks to be nice but very salty (may be to your taste but not mine).