“Good service and food but so expensive”
Review of Angus Steak House - CLOSED

Angus Steak House
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were on a couple of days visit to London and decided to have a meal here. The service was very good, the young lady who served us was very attentive and helpful. The food was of average steak house quality and well cooked. We did enjoy our food, it arrived timely and hot. My complaint is the fact we had to pay a cover charge of one pound each, I know it doesn't sound much but that means they charge every diner this for the privilege of eating here, which really made me cross when it was so expensive to eat here anyway. I never pay service charge preferring to pay a tip based on the service received. Great location, but you pay.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I love steak , it is very first choice, this is my first time in London and I really did not have that much time, walking through this busy street spotted this restaurant, my take on this as follows,

1. No explains anything about the menu, what is recommended , what is special about this place, staff needs training for sure.

2. You will be seated in the most uncomfortable seat, so choose it your self, no one will ask you if you need anything during the whole meal until they bring you the check!!!

3. I have tried the fillet which suppose to be the most tender cut and it was not, it was chewy and maybe over cooked, for this price which is £ 19 for 10 OZ steak I expected much better, or at least more tender cut of meat, no bread or any kind of appetizer which lots of places offer for free.

1  Thank royal999
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went to the Steak House as second best but found the food was plentiful and tasty We had the seafood starters, followed by chicken. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the dish, since the restaurant of course specialises in steak. It was expensive for what we had but is recommended apart from that.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were visiting piccadilly circus one evening and were deciding where should we eat. We decided to try steakhouse. To tell the truth we were very disappointed. What was supposed to be a great experience turned out to be just a waste of money. You pay at least 20£ for a steak and then you have to pay extras for the garnish. Fine, the steak i ordered was big enough, but i couldn't enjoy it, because although i ordered medium- to well done, i got rare to medium made stake, my boyfriend ordered a well done one and received just a little more done than mine. Despite the steaks were just below medium, it tasted burnt. The only good thing about food was the little potatoes and extra salad, for which we had to pay extra, of course.
Despite all this, we were very disappointed with the service. It wasn't a super busy evening and it took the waitress 10min to take our order for drinks. There were 3 empty tables around us with dirty dishes and glasses, but the staff weren't interested in cleaning them at all. Those tables were in that state through almost the whole time we were there. Meanwhile, the staff looked very relaxed just standing there and talking to each other or slowly in relaxed pace walking past several times. One table with people were sitting there for 15min with their empty plates, the waiters just chilling. I used to work in bars and restaurants and my boyfriend manages a bar and we were horrified of how bad of the service it was. The steaks weren't that great either. So will not go there again, didn't have a good experience at all.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food was excellent, such a shame about the portion size in comparison to the price. When I ordered ribs I didn't expect to pay extra for even just 1 side dish.

There are other restaurants in London who could possibly offer a better steak & service.

In no rush to return but did enjoy the experience.