“terrible service with a massive bill”
Review of Angus Steakhouse

Angus Steakhouse
Ranked #2,259 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Angus Steakhouse is the original chain of steak restaurants based in central London's West End and has been serving both Londoners and visitors alike for over half a century. Indeed, today, you will still find many Angus Steakhouses in the centre of London, serving delicious food to all who walk through its doors. Angus Steakhouse has a long and proud heritage which stretches back to the 1960s when it could often be found in the Good Food Guide. Founded by Sir Reginald Eastwood, Angus Steakhouse aimed to deliver tender, quality steak and friendly, attentive service right from the start. And today, fifty years on, those values remain the same. With over 50 years of heritage serving premium quality steak, each Angus Steakhouse also offers a traditional menu including fish, chicken and a variety of vegetarian sides. And at Angus, we are committed to providing high quality food to London and its visitors for years to come. After 50 years, Angus Steakhouse has become a landmark in its own right. And we're still where it all began, set in the heart of London and offering excellent food. Angus Steakhouse restaurants are the perfect place for dining in the West End.
Seaford, United Kingdom
“terrible service with a massive bill”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Me and my partner went to the Angus Steakhouse in Piccadilly Circus in London on Sunday 05.01.2014 we were seated quite quickly. We waited over 20 minutes to have our order taken by one of the many waiters that were standing around by the bar. One of the waiters who was standing around was looking through his mobile phone and wallet counting his money, We waited patiently for our drinks to come which took well over another 20 minutes by this time a few more waiters were hanging around the bar area mucking around with each other dancing and singing into a telephone. I myself have worked in a bar and restaurant and don't think any of this behaviour is acceptable. Once we had finished our food we asked for the bill which again took ages to get to us even though at this time the restaurant wasn't even busy. I would also like to point out that a gentlemen sitting behind us had trouble paying for his meal as he only had Scottish money on him which the manager refused to take, Me and my partner offered to pay for the gentlemen's meal as the manger who was dealing with him was making a huge fuss and everybody in the restaurant was looking at this gentleman, We asked to see a manager about paying the bill for this other man to be told by a waitress they wouldn't take our money as the gentleman had been rude to one of the waiters, If I was in the man's situation and had everybody looking at me I would be embarrassed beyond anything and very upset. I still cant understand why the manager refused to let us pay for the meal as long as he got the money it wouldn't of made a difference. So to wrap this up I will never be coming back to the restaurant what a rip off!

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank maria300790
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Angus Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant.
I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience while dining with us. We pride ourselves on offering great food and an excellent service. It is upsetting to hear that are usual high standards were not met on this occasion. I would like to investigate your comments further. Please can you contact us directly - info@angussteakhouse.co.uk

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“The worst food I have ever had the misfortune to eat.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The fish cakes were not edible and had no resemblance to fish whatsoever. They looked like cat food, there is no better way to describe it. The veg was not fresh. We won't be returning!

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Steve1t
Oxon
“Ok service, but overpriced”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went with friends before going to a show. The food is overpriced and if you want chips, etc then you have to pay extra, so we searched the menu and found something which included chips or salad but not much food on the plate. Service was ok but would not go back.

• Visited November 2013
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Over priced, worst Steak, awful service,”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on New Year's Eve in Leceister square now we appreciate it was 11pm however were welcomed in and weren't warned of what was to come. We ordered ribs to share which was very good however small and expensive never the less we enjoyed it. Next up was 2 Sirloin steaks and to be honest probably the worst most tasteless, bad quality, over priced steak we've ever had. I couldn't believe they were priced from £18.50 for just a salad no chips. Well both steaks were very tough and full of fat and sinew. Now I love steak and always have it rare. I expected a steakhouse to do the best steak. How I was so wrong! My biggest complaint though was the staff and how shockingly rude they are! We weren't warned that they were shutting soon and as I was tucking into my steak was presented with the bill! Followed by a waitress demanding I paid immediately. I said excuse me I am still eating and appreciate finishing first. I only had a few more mouthfuls anyway. She stormed off and another man returned saying I had to pay now as they were shutting the till. I stated they didn't warn me when I came in that I only had half an hour. They also had the cheek to have a cover charge....for what? I wasn't even allowed to finish my meal! They were not interested in being polite or at all giving. Once I paid the lights went on and we received no goodbye or Thankyou. Might I add the restaurant had many other diners in and the table next to us couldn't believe how rude the staff were to us. They were clearly all in a rush to leave. I appreciate wanting to close especially on New Year's Eve however they should of turned us away when we enquired about dinner. All I can say is I won't be dining at another of these restaurants again and will warn people away from them too.

1 Thank ALHP
Angus M, Administrator at Angus Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hi
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you did not receive a pleasant service when you dined with us on New Years Eve and the food was not to your standard. We have a high standard of customer service and we only purchase the very best steaks to serve, we are extremely regretful that are usual high standards have not been met on this occasion.

Please can you email us at info@angussteakhouse.co.uk with your trip advisor username so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,
Angus
ATHENS GREECE
“Ideal for BBQ dishes !!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Next to Piccadily Circus great steaks and BBQ spare ribs,, giant portions, nice fish and chips, sweet sticks potatoes , also good service but a little expensive !! about GBP30 p.person !!

• Visited December 2013
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Angus Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your Review.

We often hear great feedback about our Wide double dipped Ribs and Sweet Potato Fries, we are pleased you enjoyed them too. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.