“Meh”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Liverpool
“Meh”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I have to go along with other reviews on here I'm afraid. If you just do one thing then there's really no excuse for it not being done well and this wasn't great. You can't argue with the quality of the meat, it just wasn't cooked or presented very well. My peppered fillet (rare) had no searing on it so lacked taste, the pepper sauce was just flavourless and had that shine to it suggestive of bisto. My wife's ribeye (medium) came to the table bleeding more than my fillet so had to be sent back meaning we didn't so much eat together as in a relay. It's a small room with queues out the door and whilst we weren't hurried along, you could hardly call it a relaxing experience.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Torquay, United Kingdom
“best steak ever”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

upstairs was far too noisy so asked to be moved downstairs, the price of the steaks dont include chips etc but still well worth it the best rib eye i ever had

Visited March 2014
Angus M, Owner at Angus Steakhouse - Praed St, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for your great review.
We are pleased you enjoyed your visit to us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Congleton
“Lovely Steak but very cramped restaurant”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited on 21st March. 2 adults and 2 kids age 9 & 7. Before catching our train from Paddington Station over the road we popped in for a steak dinner.

I thought it was well priced as all I wanted was steak no accompaniments. I ordered 8 oz fillet, husband ordered 12 oz with chips, son ordered kids scampi and daughter shared my husbands large steak.

Steaks cooked medium (more like med/rare) meat must have been aged and hung well and well rested as no blood on plate. Good chefs. Waiting on staff all very friendly.

No room at all. We are not big people but with our coats and shopping bags we had no space at all.

Now a message for the manager. Unfortunately my daughter banged her nose on the table and had a pretty bad nose bleed whilst at the restaurant. The waitress brought me some tissues and an ice pack and also let the first aider know even though I said I was fine. I think the first aider needs an update on her first aid skills as she kept telling me to put my daughters head back! !!! Seriously? ? Are you trying to make her choke. Luckily i'm a paediatric first aider. We were not asked to complete any accident book either.

To summarise lovely food but no room to eat it, friendly staff, need 1st aid skills updating.

“Fine quality steak, however absent seasoning”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This restaurant is very close to Paddington station. The restaurant was packed with people on a Wednesday evening, which gave a very lively atmosphere. The quality of the meat (steak) was fine. Although I ordered medium, the steak was more on the raw side (which for me personally is fine as well). The seasoning was however absent. The mushroom sauce did not make things better, any taste was hard to distinguish. Had to add salt and pepper to both and flush it down with a pint. Disappointing overall, and no respect to the fine quality of the steak itself.

• Visited March 2014
Angus M, Owner at Angus Steakhouse - Praed St, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for review our restaurant.

I am sorry to hear that your steak was served rare and under seasoned, we strive to offer excellent quality meat that is cooked to your perfection and it is disappointing when our usual high standards are not met.

We welcome feedback from customers, both satisfied and dissatisfied, in order that we can continually monitor our performance and make improvements where necessary.
bristol
“Overpriced birthday meal.”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a day out in London for my husbands 70th decided to eat here as he likes his steak, steak was nice, but very very overpriced, and had to pay extra for chips and mushroom, I had the chicken on a bed of chips which was supposed to be cheese sauce, it was a cheese slice melted over it. £96.00 for 4 people for a very basic meal was very disappointing. Friendly service but too many table's sqeezed in a small place. Wouldn't go there again, did tarnish a very good day.

• Visited March 2014