“Don't go to this place”
Review of La Cabana

Cuisines: Moroccan
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Don't go there, unless you want to spend 2 hours waiting for bad food and terrible service

1  Thank diegoadame
There are newer reviews for La Cabana

Reviewed January 20, 2012

The restaurant was empty, and I was the only client at 1.30pm in Queensway, Central London, and 5 minutes from where I work and live. This should have been a warning sign.

For the first time in my life, after traveling to a lot of countries around the world, I wanted to pay my bill before the food arrived, and leave.

The problems, in no particular order:

1) Bathrooms (gents) is not signed, and does not have a light. It is dirty, the floor is slippery (!?), and the sink and the taps are broken. You wonder how the staff wash?
2) Look inside the kitchen as you go downstairs, and be amazed by the dirtiness of it.
3) Watch the chef run out and buy food from the next door supermarket, so that he can prepare your food.
4) Look at the chef when he walks around, and guess when the last time was that he washed.
5) Ask for carbonated water/soda. They don't have it. This is a basic standard item in every restaurant.
6) The waitress doesn't ask/care if everything okay, as she's too busy shouting the orders down the stairs to the kitchen, and shouting complaints at the owner regarding broken items in the restaurant.
7) Look at the ceiling, and be perplexed by the number of lights not working, and the wires sticking out at random angles.
8) Look at the tables, and the chairs. Everything from stale food, to human hair (lots of it) is on there.
9) The furniture is uncomfortable (back of the seats stop you leaning back), dirty, ripped, and old.
10) The Mixed Grill i) Minced meat was of an exceptionally poor quality. ii) The chicken breast was DRY AND HARD. iii) The pork chop had absolutely no meat on it, so I didn't even touch it.
11) EXPENSIVE!!! OMG, I live in London, and am used to these prices, but after leaving my food on the plate here, I ran to a famous hamburger restaurant down the road, and ate there. As bad as the burger was, it was reassuring that at least it was clean.

In any case, I don't think that you will need this review, as it is obvious the place is going to go bankrupt soon.

Absolutely nothing positive about the experience.

There are other restaurants in London by th same name. This review refers to the one in Queensway/Bayswater, W2

1  Thank bakman1809
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Our first night in London, we had dinner here. The server was fun and friendly. Our meal was tasty.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

This is by far the worst dining experience I have ever had. I should have realized that when I entered the restaurant at 8pm on a Friday and there was not a single person dining there. The servers seemed surprised to see a customer and spent most oftheir time walking the street out front of the restaurant and shouting at men like prostitutes. Another tell tale sign was the chef sitting at the bar bleary eyed and pathetic. This was the most expensive meal we had in London and again the worst I have had better pizza and bruschetta at fast food places here in the states. It was simply disgusting calling it average would be a compliment.

2  Thank Thomassenior2003
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Cheap and cheerful steak.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook