“Superb food, friendly staff, great atmosphere.”

Le Bistro Savoir Faire
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Bistro Savoir Faire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #278 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Holborn
Transit: Half way between Tottenham court Road Station and Holborn Station.
Description: Savoire Fair - rarely has a restaurant been so perfectly named. Fresh food, good wine, mellow atmosphere, satisfied staff, value for money - this traditional French bistro knows how to please and over the past nine years it's perfected the art. The mouthwatering menu reads like that of any major London restaurant - rib eye steak served on a fromage frais pancake with a brandy and mushroom sauce, for example - apart from the prices. Although the menu changes every fortnight, the big sellers such as the traditional French bourguignon and tarte tatin are faithfully there for the savouring, much to the satisfaction of the regulars, many of them celebrities and actors from the local shows and plays. Every dish is freshly prepared on the premises daily. "If we can't cook it, we don't have it," declares the owner, Max. There's only one thing for it; cancel The Ivy and try a little Savoir Faire.
London, United Kingdom
“Superb food, friendly staff, great atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Friend of mine invited me here for dinner on his birthday, I went for mussels as starter and duck as main + crème brulee on the top of it...it was fabulous, also had 2 bottles of decent house wine, staff very pleasant, smiley and polite. Great charismatic atmosphere.
Cant wait my next visit.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London
“Savoir Faire, fabulous French restaurant at sensible prices”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friends and i gathered at Savoir Faire for a ladies supper. The restaurant provides a set menu which is very fairly priced at around £20 for 3 courses which we chose. None of us could find fault with our menu choices and the staff were attentive, friendly and helpful. The wine list was also good, as you would expect. I would not hesitate in recommending Savoir Faire for pretty much any occasion. The ambience is lovely and captures the essence of a bistro. Really enjoyable!

• Visited April 2013
manchester
“Disappointed this Time”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I always use this restaurant when i visit London....and have always spoke highly of the place. Myself and three friends ate here on the 6th.May 2013. We ordered our food and the starters were as expected, really lovely. Two friends ordered the lamb shank, one was lovely the other could not be eaten for the fat on it . It looked horrid and my friend did try to eat it, she wretched and that was the end of her meal.
I ordered the sea bass...it arrived on a tablespoon of vegetables, the fish was stiff with the smallest amount of 'meat' on it....i guess i had a large fork of fish off two pieces of seabass !!
I didn't complain because the owner and his wife were not there and ....some you win and some you lose.
Just two of us ordered desserts one cheese and biscuit.....three fine slices of apple, two minute pieces of brie' and two minute pieces of cheddar. I had creme' brulee' that would have fit on a dessert spoon......
When the waitress came to clear the main course dishes and saw the lamb....she never mentioned anything about it !....strange i thought.....

But no ...she came straight back out to ask the question...obviously the chef wanted to know..we said how it was .....no apology ...no response.came from the kitchen.

I did think that if the owners had have been there it would have been different.I hope so.

Sadly i will not go again......Shame really, but we had some great service in other eating places which made me realise that i have come to the end of the road with this once (for me) amazing place to eat..

• Visited May 2013
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“mixed blessings”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

picked this french style restaurant prior to going to see" Burn the Floor",(very disappointing to the point of boring! ). The restaurant is quite a find these days, to have a choice of 8 starters a good choice of mains and in house made delicious desserts, for £12.90 for two courses was excellent. We skipped the starters and settled for the lamb, cooked perfectly by the chef who we could see, and the vegetables "properly cooked" not raw and inedible so often these days,for dessert my wife settled for the excellent tarte tatin whilst I will always choose a schoolboy pudding given the choice, I chose the sticky toffee pudding which was superb, so well done on the catering side, its just a shame that people were being missed out on their orders whilst others were given the wrong dishes, we couldnt quite decide whos fault it was sloppy waitressing or chef not organised, but we were unaffected and enjoyed our meals.

• Visited May 2013
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“oops”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

we were looking for a pre theatre meal. Unfortunately when we arrived they had just changed the menu but had not informed the chef. What I ordered was not what arrived and the waitress chose to argue with me.
Very nice looking place with plenty of authentic French atmosphere slightly spoiled by not dealing with an error properly

Visited April 2013