“lovely lunch”

Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stopped for lunch after visiting the v and a museum. This is one of a chain and are all around london. Great value lunch and a good selection of cakes and pastries. Good coffee too

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Service here is a massive let down, walked past and saw the beautiful display of cakes and for this reason decided to pop in. Having purchased cakes from the Piccadilly branch and found them amazing, I thought this be of the same quality, but was mistaken.

The place was not very busy and had three staff on the floor, though it took 5 to 6 minutes to be served. I could understand this if they were short staffed or busy, but having the waiter pass me several times, there is no excuse.

My girlfriend and I ordered a slice of cake each and received our plate with no set up. The cake had the plastic left on and my girlfriend watched the waiter take a set up from another table rather than getting one from their storage. This is rather lazy. No smiles and not the best attitude.

Great cakes but don't eat in.

RO

1  Thank Remus21
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast. A pleasant little patisserie where you walk through the shop to the tables. Simple and clean. Staff nice but not enthusiastically so.
Tea served in pots enough for 3 cups. Coffee in large cups, both delicious. Croissants crisp and moist. Eggs Benedict superbly indulgent and you get two with bacon. Croque Monsieur also very tasty and listed as served with garnish but also has chips alongside as a surprise.
Reasonable pricing. Great food. Will go again......

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We dropped in recently and had a mixture of pastries and breakfast with fresh smoothies and coffee, it was fantastic. Try the eggs benedict, strawberry smoothy (it's probably the best I've had ever!) and nice coffee .. All served with a smile. Great way to start the day and avoid the hotel breakfast.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We went again to this lovely patisserie for lunch with our 10 year old grandson who is staying with us for half-term. The croque italienne that my husband had looked delicious as was my toasted bacon and tomato sandwich. Our grandson had a huge portion of spaghetti bolognese which he thoroughly enjoyed. Our waiter was attentive and helpful; the service was a tiny bit slow but we were not in a hurry.
The surroundings and atmosphere are very pleasant and the cakes and pastries to die for!!