“Very enjoyable experience! ”

Masala Zone Covent Garden
Ranked #2,820 of 24,089 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: At Masala Zone Covent Garden, we have a passion for making sure customers have an enjoyable time – delicious genuine Indian food, newly renovated exciting interiors and great staff. The restaurant is highly acclaimed. Evening Standard has rated us as one of London’s six best Indian restaurants, Zagat Restaurants Survey as London’s Most Popular Restaurant Group; Daily Telegraph as one of London’s best restaurants. We unusually combine a panoramic range of proper Indian food - pioneering street food, thalis (the balanced family platters), daily changing freshly made vegetables, flavourful grills, regional curries, biryanis. Our food is uniquely from the true sources of Indian food – the gourmet homes & street stalls across India’s regions.
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Seated very quickly despite long queues when we first arrived. Our waiter was lovely, he explained all the dishes patiently and gave guidance as appropriate. We had 3 Grand Thalis, 1 lamb chops plus 2 large starters to share between 4 people. The food was served very promptly and everything was delicious. We were stuffed and left feeling very happy. Total bill including beer and soft drinks came to £90. Excellent value for money especially in Central London.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,417)

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went here with some friends from Germany ti experience some 'authentic' Indian cuisine. The food was absolutely delicious. You have to try one of the many thalis that are on offer, they are an excellent way to try different Indian dishes. The staff are really helpful, found us a table by the window and were very knowledgeable about the food on offer.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Excellent Indian food.
Wonderful mixture of herbs & spices delivers a complex set of flavours.
Good service, and helpful staff.
Ideal for a quick lunch.

1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The best Indian cuisine in earth with various food and perfect price must try any of the masala zone branch its just awesome liked it as a couple or as a family spacious places for parties as well manager and all the staff were very nice to us ..service to die for hats off Masala zone love it definitely will recommend it to all i know......

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Dropped in here on the off chance, loved the decor and feel of the place, and the prices seemed reasonable.

Pops & Dips were ok, but our mains (I had the lamb rogan and my son had the Thali) were poor. In fact, I am adamant they were nothing more than microwave meals. The rogan had lamb that was processed and the sauce - that was it. No onion, no peppers, no anything.

My son's meal was no better and the naan breads were definitely bought in pre-produced.

As the restaurant advertised itself as being more than the run of the mill indian restaraunt food, I think it should be a lot better than a brakes microwave curry.

James R, Operations Director at Masala Zone Covent Garden, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback following your recent meal at Masala Zone Covent Garden. I was most concerned to read that you did not enjoy your main courses and naan.

We endeavour to maintain the highest standards in both food quality and service, and take complaints very seriously.

I would like to investigate your feedback in detail and as a matter of urgency. Hence it will be most helpful if you could provide me with few more details of your visit.

You may either scan and email me a copy of the bill – at mzops@realindianfood.com - or If you are unable to provide a copy of the bill, please help us by providing the following information:

- The location where you were seated in the restaurant
- The number in your party
- The day / date / time at which you came/ate.
- All the dishes you ordered

I would like to reassure you that none of our curries are "bought in" -- all are freshly prepared in our kitchens to authentic Indian recipes by highly skilled chefs. Our roghan josh is in the Dhaaba style which consists of a sauce of onions, tomato and yoghurt -- but not chunks of these ingredients. You also mentioned that you believed the naan to be "definitely bought in pre-produced". We make all naan on site from scratch -- starting with making the dough, and then each item being freshly rolled & baked as the order is received.

Incidentally, was there a particular reason why you did not ask to speak to the manager? Did he visit your table? The managers on duty are there to troubleshoot, and handle situations such as the one in which you found yourself.

I thank you for your time and assure that i will revert as soon as I receive your response.

Yours sincerely