“Lovely dining experience”

Richoux Piccadilly
Ranked #5,357 of 23,391 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Founded in 1909, Richoux restaurants, famous for their patisserie, are open all day for breakfast, morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Visited the restaurant for a light lunch, after visiting the Royal Academy. My companion had been here on a number of occasions and said how good it was. She wasn't wrong! The restaurant was not busy, the atmosphere was very relaxed. Service was quick and efficient and the staff were extremely friendly and polite. the food was very good and bearing in mind the location of the restaurant not expensive. Would certainly come here again.

1  Thank KenMaideheadUK

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We collapsed in here after shop shop shopping in Fortnum and Masons almost opposite. A great choice, and we had a front window seat which was wonderful for people watching. We had a rosewater macaroon, and a piece of black forest gateau which were both delicious. Macaroons a sensible price so I bought more for us to take away with us. Coffees also good. Service very pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent location and pleasant surroundings, discount for 'Friends' of Royal Academy over the road. Not the biggest or best breakfast but variations and lots else available...

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were attending a concert at St james Piccadilly and needed to have an early meal. We arrived about 5:30 and they were serving dinner as well as tea.
I had the Fish Pie and my husband had fish and chips. We hadn't intended to have a dessert but service was quick and although the main course was a nice proportion we still had room for dessert, and couldn't resist temptation. I had the apple pie, which ahd pastry that was more like a strudel than a short crust pastry, so quite a luxurious taste, It is normally served with ice cream and i asked for it without ice cream but theyr brought it anyway. My husband's waffle came with strawberries and ice cream but they forgot to put the maple syrup on. However when we asked they immediately brought a pot of syrup, so no complaints. The price was reasonable especially for Piccadilly, and we intend to return another time to have either their cream tea , or justv a pot of tea and a pastry as they look good.
The restaurant has attractive decor with botanical paintings and floral wall paper.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had been in this Coffee Shop / Restaurant some years ago, with my Mum & I knew it would be a nice place to have some coffee & cake, as I remembered visiting the branch they had in The Friary, in Guildford, back in the 1980's. On that first visit to the Piccadilly branch, when you tasted the cake, you could tell that it was superior to the mass-produced cakes that you find in supermarkets & grocer shops. (not that there is anything wrong with mass-produced cake, but sometimes, we all like a treat ! It is the sort of cake, whereby each slice is within a triangle of paper, so it can be lifted out easily.) Naturally, you pay a higher price for the food & drinks at Richoux, but if you come in & sample some, I'm sure you will find that what is on offer justifies the extra cost. My latest visit, just a few months ago, (the one which prompted me to write this review) was in the evening & I came in, as I was wanting some savoury snack & a coffee, but was not wanting a meal. I chose a muffin, with melted cheese on top (Welsh Rarebit) & having had that snack before, elsewhere, I knew what to expect... or so I thought. First of all, it arrived not long after I had ordered it, which was excellent & in this Cafe, the staff wear nice black attire & the waitresses have the Victorian-style little white aprons on. The cutlery had been polished & when I cut into the Rarebit, the cheese had been grilled just perfectly, neither runny nor overdone on the top. It tasted wonderful too & I was disappointed when I got to that final mouthful. I thought it was excellent !!! The coffee was very good too & so was the service, hence I have no hesitation in recommending Richoux to you.