“Busy cafe, excellent afternoon tea.”

Richoux - Piccadilly
Ranked #4,819 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Spokane, WA
“Busy cafe, excellent afternoon tea.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place was busy. I wish I had paid attention to nametags, but I'll say that while the gentleman seating people didn't seem very friendly, the young woman waiting on us made up for it with her quick professional service and her helpful advice. She was wonderful and the cream tea we had was delicious. I wish we had had more time in London, I would have liked to try one of their meals. I saw a number of plates of food being zipped around the room and they looked delicious. The price was reasonable too. London is expensive, but for our group of 6 we had cream tea for about 7 pounds a piece -- We ordered 3 cream teas (the ones with the 4 mini scones - so we got 12 mini scones total) and 3 just ordered tea. There was plenty to eat and drink and it cost about 7 pounds a piece.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Richoux in Picadilly never disapointed!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just in front tthe Royal Academy and a few steps from Forturn & Mason and Burlington Arcade the RICHOUX restaurant is always a happy choice.
For years they have never disapointed me: great food, excelent service & fantastic musics choice! Every winter I spare a day to lunch or have a great aftermoon tea there and it is always a great choice.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Very diappointing”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The interior is very nice but otherwise our visit was very disappointing. Had to wait for the food for a long time. When it came it was cold. Instead of French Onion soup they brought Tomato soup. Of course they did correct this. The Croque Monsieur was very Spartan (1 small slice of ham) and was accompanied by wilted and rotten salad. What was worst is that they were aware that they had brought me bad salad, because the waiter did not even have to hear out my complaint or look at my plate to know what the problem was.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“worst service ever”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Looking around Piccadilly after a visit to the art gallery, two of us walked in, attracted by the apparently fine decor and classic atmosphere. However, ten minutes after being seated nobody had yet come to take our orders. Despite the restaurant not being busy at all (it was early afternoon on a midweek day) waiters, including the one who had seated us, kept walking past our table, just ignoring us. Eventually we called one of them, asking what the soup of the day was, and once we asked if we could order, he said he would get another waiter to come and see us in a minute. Almost another 10 minutes were gone and nobody had come to see us yet. We then called another one, who wasn't ready to take our order either and said she would come back, which of course did not happen. Overall, the staff lacked basic customer service skills and displayed no interest in the customer whatsoever.
So, after more than 20 minutes without being served, we had enough and walked out of the door. Needless to say, we won't be coming back.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Expensive”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Is a very old establishment, that could be great without the very young waiters. Clotted cream and scones with earl grey tea was my choice, menu for one and spent 10,50£ which I personally think is a lot. Food was good but nothing out of this world

Visited December 2012