“Budget accommodation for London”

Kensington Suite Hotel
Ranked #963 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel really delivers if you are on a tight budget. Rooms have all the basics, including an ingenious cupboard with a sink and microwave for very simply food preparation. But, everything has been scaled down and moving round the room can be a squeeze. The en suite shower room is a tight fit, with the door just passing the rest of the kit but again, it had all the essentials.
The breakfast is very basic and 'do-it-yourself' but if you like cornflakes and toast they are available in ample quantities.
Location is fairly good with a walk of about ten minutes to Shepherd's Bush. if you want wifi access I recommend going to the Shepherd's Bush area for a cafe offering it free to customers as this will be cheaper than the £3/hr charged by the hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room at the front of the hotel and expected considerable traffic noise as the road is busy b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Kensington Suite Hotel

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Much better than anticipated, particularly "Continental" Breakfast choices. Friendly and knowlegeable staff on arrival in Reception.How good to have a lift as I have great difficulty with stairs.Very convenient (only 1 change of buses)and 5 minutes from Olympia.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I just recently stayed here for 2 nights, to be honest we were both quite satisfied with this hotel.
Room was an average size but perfect for us as we weren't intending to stay here all day, each day.
We left valuables on the shelves and once the bed had been made with fresh towels put out, everything remained as we left it.

Breakfast wasn't amazing but considering the price of the hotel, you can hardly complain. We missed it the second morning, purposely, it wasn't worth waking up for.

Service wasn't great but it wasn't a problem as we were only really in the hotel to sleep. All in all, we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Myself and my partner recently stayed at the Kensington Suite Hotel, up arrival in the reception the first thing we noticed was an odd smell, we checked in, got our keys and headed to the extremely small lift to go to our room.

We were situated in the basement, the room was tiny, the television was almost falling off the bracket on the wall, there were gaps in the flooring and the bedding...one very flat pillow each and a thin "duvet". The small window in the room was cracked and the odd smell from reception was even more noticeable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Worst things: USED CONDOM on the glass conservatory roof, directly over the bed. OLD COMMODE in the "garden" (literally IN the garden). Door was not secure. Absolutely filthy bathroom and shower (a closet without proper ventilation). AVOID!

We originally booked at the Ascot. My mum did the booking, and she's not so savvy when it comes to reviewing online before booking. The main thing we were worried about was that this was a "bait and switch" (I was most worried it would be disgusting.) Our worries were completely confirmed, in fact I never thought it could be THIS HORRIBLE.

I came in from Oxford to find that they were "overbooked" at the Ascot (even though we called beforehand to make sure our booking was set). They moved my family to this "Kensington Suite" before I arrived. When I asked at the desk at the Ascot, I was given terrible directions and told to take the Tube. (They had assured my parents that they would get me a taxi from the Ascot to the Kensington, apparently they thought they'd just save a few quid and pack me off to the subway...) Thank goodness I have a good sense of direction.

That was just the first awful experience. Our room in the Kensington was in the BASEMENT, with half of the room being a grubby conservatory at best. The toilet didn't flush properly, everything was FOUL with dirt/hair/grime. The shower most certainly did not meet health and safety requirements (it was in an unventilated closet in the basement, and smelt of mold/mildew to say the least.)

Worst things: The conservatory door was not secure and anyone using the downstairs breakfast room could come out to the garden and get into our room, if they were so inclined. There was a used condom flung onto the conservatory roof, right above the bed my parents slept in (and by the way, anyone upstairs could look right into our room--glass conservatory ceiling.) There was a broken rotten old toilet (literally an old commode) in the "garden."

This is BY FAR the WORST HOTEL I've ever seen let alone had the nightmare of staying in. If we had ANYWHERE else to stay I would have left in a minute. The staff being rude was the least of our worries. We're lucky we got out of there safely. DO NOT BOOK. EVER. I don't care if the rooms were free they were NOT FIT FOR SQUATTING let alone a "hotel."

Wish I would have taken photos to show you just how dire it really is. But I've been trying to block it out of my memory.

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK HERE, and if you HAVE to stay here, by some great misfortune, DO NOT get the basement &q...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A J
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Do not be fooled by the description or photos of this hotel. I found the receptionist to be exceptionally rude, unhelpful and arrogant. I stayed in a double room which was tiny, there was very little room around the bed. The room was dirty, cold and 'shabby'. The window was single-glazed and continuously rattled all night. The room was cold but they had at least provided an electric heater. There were hairs on the sheets. The bathroom door did not shut and when you flushed the toilet the water continued to run - very annoying!!
I didn't go to the breakfast room, I was pleased to be out.
I'm sure there will be other hotels of a similar price but of much better quality.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

They definitely dupe you here, because there is NO FREE WIFI at this hotel. The only reason I gave one star is because the shower had decent water pressure and it was hot water, everything else about this hotel was just bad.

The guys who are at the front desk are no help at all, extremely un-informative and disinterested in helping guests. We asked one guy what the weather was supposed to be like the next day and his response was, "Uh, check the TV. The television." -- Are you kidding me? Also, you pay for the Wifi, and it is crappy connection and hardly works at all! We initially booked a double room, and it was unbelievable how small the room was, the bed basically took up the entire room, completely terrible. So, the two of us had to switch into a 3-person room - ridiculous. Also, the 'complimentary breakfast' that is included - it is just toast, a little cereal, and hard-boiled eggs, Oh almost forgot some coffee and your choice of milk, orange juice or apple juice, once again just not good.

Do not book this hotel, you can easily just get a cheaper one that's a little bit further away from the city, just make sure you're close to a train station and you can just hope on the tube and take it everyday to wherever you want to go in London very easily.

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel will be bad, don't book hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family