“An excellent place to stay”
Review of The Railway Tavern

The Railway Tavern
Ranked #124 of 580 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My experience at the Railway Tavern Inn was exceptional. The room was lovely and clean with a comfortable bed and modern bathroom. I heard no noise from the bub on the floor. I have never had better service anyplace. The owners couldn't do enough to make my stay comfortable. As a single woman, I felt safe there. There was a separate entrance into the hotel, and everythng was well lit. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank reviewer628

Reviewed June 21, 2011

Lovely clean modern rooms with great bathrooms. Very accommodating and welcoming hosts. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I booked this B and B due to it's location (which was indeed very close to Stratford station) but didn't really appreciate when booking that it is basically rooms above a very loud and very busy pub. There isn't a clear way into the hotel rather than through the pub and I have to admit that turning up at 6pm on a friday I felt quite out of place walking through a crowded heaving bar to check in. The woman who served me was lovely and really helpful. The room itself was very clean and well decorated and the bed was comfy. The free wifi didn't really seem to stretch to the top of the building where I was! Again, returning to the room alone about midnight, I had to walk through a drunken Karaoke crowd which wasn't too appealing ( I found myself wishing on several occasions that I had spent £20 more and gone for one of the more generic hotel chains) Sleep was good and I didn't really notice the noise from the pub 9I was on the top floor which would be impossible for anyone with mobility problems - there is no lift and the stairs are narrow) Breakfast was adequate but not as good as I would have hoped and the service for breakfast was interesting to say the least! I checked out in the pub which again was a bit weird. If I was booking again, as a solo female traveller I definitely wouldn't book this B and B - as part of a group or a couple looking for a cheapish B and B near a station I may possibly book it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank crackers123
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Great value and we recommend very much. Nice people.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2009

This inn has a wonderful welcoming staff. Rooms are up to date & very comfortable. The location is very handy to the tube line, so you can access all parts of the city easily. The location would be fantastic for anyone planning to attend the Olympics when they come to London (right across from the planned Olympic village & railroad station.) The downside of this is that those things are currently under construction so there is some noise associated with that, bit not enough to bother us. I definately plan on staying here again when I return to London. (The stairs to the rooms are pretty steep if that presents a problem for you)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2009

The service we received was second to none and far superior to any we have experienced before. It was a delightful stay in high quality room which was modern and tastefully decorated, exceptionally clean and spacious. The bathroom was very large with a fab shower. The owners bent over backwards to cater to our needs, were very friendly and very helpful and I can't thank them enough for making mine and my daughter's stay so lovely.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed October 17, 2007

A group of us stayed at this pub/hotel for a family celebration I was slightly nervous as I didn't realise there was a website at the time so had no idea what the bedrooms would be like. When we got to our room we were more than pleased. The rooms are spotless, recently renovated with a nice big bathroom and great shower. The bedrooms are very nicely furnished with a flatscreen TV on the wall. The owners are very lovely genuine people. The catering that we had for the party was a very high standard with a large selection of food. The only disappointing part of the stay was the english breakfast, which was very basic. This was surprising because the party food was so good. The party went very well and we even tried to give one of the staff a tip at the end of the evening because they had been fantastic all evening but he refused and his response was that it was a pleasure to serve your family for the evening. I would definitely recommend this place. The pubs a great size and it has seating areas outside. Another plus is that the hotel has a secure car park.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank StarHerts