“nice hotel with perfect location”

Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington
Ranked #528 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Michigan City, Indiana
“nice hotel with perfect location”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

this is a very good option if you are going to London for same day.I just stayed there for four days,and will use this hotel again.The location is in paddington 2 min walk to Hyde Park.They have very good service.It was very clean and you could tell that,the hotel is brand new. only the room was small.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nema D, General Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington. I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments are very much appreciated and I can assure you our team would use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Wish you a very Happy & Prosperous New Year 2014

Best Regards
Nema da Silva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leipzig, Germany
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel is good located and the staff were kindly.
The breakfast was delicous and clean.
It was comfortable to stay in the hotel and I felt good.
Thank you! :)
Maybe see you next time!
Merry chirstmas and happy new year!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nema D, General Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Ji Seon,

Compliments of the season, thank you for sharing your comments online. , It gives me great joy that we succeeded in making your stay a memorable one.

Comments like these motivates everyone at the Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington to go an extra mile.

On behalf of my team, I Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I would certainly come back to this hotel the staff Very well informed of local attractions and they take the time to explain the best way around.There are many attractions within a walking distance of this hotel and I will surely come again.

• Stayed December 2013
Nema D, General Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear RJM38,

Compliments of the seasons..

Thank you for sharing your comments, It gives me great joy that we succeeded in making your stay a memorable one.

Brent Knoll, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed in the Shaftesbury Paddington Court in November so tended to compare the two. My room on this occasion was smaller but had all the amenities that I required. The staff were helpful and attentive throughout my stay but whilst the breakfast looked the same some of it was cold and I was there at 7.10 a.m. You could only access your bed from one side and wouldn't be able to watch the television in it. Overall good but would have liked a slightly larger room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Nema D, General Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Sue,

Thank you for your lovely comments shared on Tripadvisor. we have taken your comments on board.
I am, however, terribly sorry to read that we did not manage to meet your expectations on this occasion. I am pleased to inform you that as a direct result of your feedback, we have now started monitoring the food temperature to make sure that Hot buffet breakfast is always served Hot.

I hope you decide to give us a second chance and decide to return in a near future.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed December 20, 2013

On check in , I had a very warm welcome by the house manger Mr Ben Pires , which gave me a good impression towards the hotel and the staff, while chating ,knowing my nationality , he introduced me to an Egyptian fellow , the Concierge Mr Ahmed Taher as both took a very good care of me specially when I requested changing my room to a more conveniant one.
During my whole stay whenever I needed assistance ,the were guiding me , and while checking out , my flight was late so after consulting Mr Ahmed , Mr Ben approved a complementary late check out considering my medical condition.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hazem,

Thank you very much sharing your detailed and constructive feedback online, Thank you also for your kind words about Ahmed, our Concierge. He is indeed one of our superstars and we are very lucky to have him in our team. Please rest assured your feedback has been shared with him accordingly and he was very happy to hear such nice words!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

just few minutes’ walk from Paddington station, if you are coming from Heathrow its very easy to reach Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington hotel. if you are a Business traveler or leisure ideal place to stay in central/west London.

however bathroom way too small,

Room Tip: choose Deluxe Single room if you are travelling alone to have additional space in ur room,
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David G
Nema D, General Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear David,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

From checking in to arriving in the room everything was fine. I had received a free upgrade (very welcomed) and the room was clean, spacious, well presented. Rather pleased so far. A little later I decided to order dinner. Being a lone female I prefer room service to playing 'billy no mates' in a restaurant so I telephoned my order through.
The menu was less than inspiring but I went for the fillet steak. Curiously i was not asked how I would like it cooked and before I could say anything the kitchen staff had rung off. The food arrived promptly but uncovered and cooling fast.
The steak was definitely NOT fillet. Had I been asked I would have requested it be rare. It was well done, dry and chewy. I could not finish it. The chips were fine, the salad was poor both in content and presentation and had no dressing of any kind.
Whilst carrying my bags to my room a member of staff had agreed that I had been wise not to book a breakfast - now I know why.
In terms of accommodation and general service the hotel is certainly very good and I would consider returning. However, I would definitely eat elsewhere.
I would have to seriously question whether the person allocating a 4 star rating for this hotel actually ate here - surely not!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Nema D, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear AnnM67,

Thank you very much sharing your detailed and constructive feedback online, I am, however, terribly sorry to read that we did not manage to meet your expectations on this occasion. At the Shaftesbury London Paddington, we strive to provide the best possible product and service to all our guests.

I am deeply sadden to know that our restaurant food was not up to the standard, however we have made drastic changes in our Menu and training for our staff, so our future guests receive a good service.

thank you again for the constructive feedback as it is a tremendous help for us in improving our product and services for future guests.
Should you wish to discuss further, please feel free to contact me in a private message to:ben@parkgrandheathrow.co.uk, and I would happily talk with you about ways we can improve and hopefully personalise any of your future stays with us.

Kind regards,