“Well-priced hotel in central London”

The Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington
Ranked #556 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a well-priced hotel near Paddington station (the main station for the west of England and Heathrow airport). It does not pretend to be five star and the bedroom quality was absolutely fine with a comfortable, clean bed in a slightly odd-shaped bedroom. I did not eat in the hotel, so cannot comment.

Room Tip: Try and get a high floor bedroom.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Nema D, General Manager at The Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments, It gives me great joy that we succeeded in making your stay a memorable one.

Comments like these motivates everyone at the Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington to go an extra mile.

On behalf of my team, I Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you again.

Nema Da Silva

Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed April 25, 2012

2 minutes walk from Paddington station. you can use bus 436 to get you to Oxford st. and Marble Arch. Also, tou can be ib Heathrew in only 15m

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank sherif2011
SharathShetty, Duty Manager at The Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for chosing to stay with us and Thank you for a positive feedback.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Shetty

Reviewed April 23, 2012

my husband and i stayed for a mini break and booked a delux room, well would not have liked to stay in a standard one......you had to sit on the very small double bed to open the bathroom door, we were woken at 5.00 by the noise and smell of breakfast...raditors and the underfloor heating did not work....ask at the reception if our room was std and was told it was delux.One good thing it was clean but very tired and cose to the station.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and it has been taken on board.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 30, 2012

booked a luxury double there two weeks ago for last week end, when we did arrive there we had to queue for at least 15 minutes as the girl was on her own at the reception,then after letting everyone know when booked through lastminute.com, she told us that they've had some maintenance in some of the rooms and that we had to be transferred to the closest shaftesburry which was very close, the girl said it was a much better hotel and we were offered free breakfast. On arriving we've been sent to a smelly room in the basement, just large enough for the king size bed to fit in. The bathroom was kind of clean (very smelly though) but the shower was really small, my bf could barely fit in it and he's not fat! The breakfast was ok though. So if you're using lastminute.com just try to avoid these two hotels, just spend 15 more quids and go for the top secret hotel and you might be lucky enough to be sent to the grange hotel like we did last time :)

Room Tip: just don't go there
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claire D

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Hotel location is great, within the walking distance from Paddington, Hyde Park, Notting Hill etc. Our double deluxe room was spacious and comfortable. Hotel also serves the best English breakfast I ever had in London. Staff is very helpful and polite. The only disappointment - rather dangerously broken armchair in the room.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, felt looked after. The single bedroom was small but it did not bother me since everything else was good. There was even a microwave in the room which allowed me to make snacks thus saving money since I was there for a week!
The breakfast was exceptionally good, I am still missing it! The staff were just amazing with nothing too much trouble for them. On the day I left one of them even walked my heavy case to the bus stop for me. I would not hesitate to stay again.
I arrived from Heathrow and left for Gatwick airport....both were very easy to reach from the hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank aussietraveller03

Reviewed March 24, 2012

i stayed at this hotel in paddington and i found the location ideal for places i needed to go to.it's also one stop from the nearby paddington rail station to heathrow airport(depending on which terminal you are going to) via heathrow express and for me,this was a big plus.courteous staff,small rooms yet quality stuff...the staff were quite helpful with directions.good hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo