“Regulars.”

Ranked #3,791 of 28,473 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2019

My girlfriend and I visit Blue Legume on a regular basis, the food is always great, the staff are always lovely and the setting both inside and out is warm and comfortable.

The inside is beautiful hardwood floor and tables punctuated by lovely plants hanging from the rafters and on the walls. The outside is nice, not too loud with being close to the road but still great.

We have had a different waiter/waitress each time we have been and everyone one of them has been lovely. Attentive, warm and personable always incredibly friendly and always happy to give a recommendation which I suggest you follow.

All of the above would be completely pointless if the food wasn't great, I love the menu for starters, I have had the salmon before which was brilliant, tonight I had the crab ravioli which I was pretty sure I found the best thing on the menu with (cannot recommend enough) and I have eaten breakfast there before where I think I had the benedict and it was very very good. We get the king prawn starter every time we go but I assume the other starters are good but I'd say get the prawns, love the sauce they come in.

We are now moving away from Stoke Newington and I will really miss Blue Legume, I have been told there is one in Angel though so hopefully I will still be a regular.

Sorry also forgot the wine, really good. The Sauvignon is our favourite but the house Rose is perfect for a warm evening meal and very dry.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (162)

Reviewed June 20, 2019

I was travelling to stoke newington on my own for a couple of days and had no idea where to head for dinner and happily stumbled upon this place. And wow best burger I’ve had in a while, great portion size. Super friendly staff (the waitress who served me was so attentive and smiley). Really clean and calm relaxed place I would recommend 10/10. best wishes and if I ever find myself in Stoke Newington again I shall pop in

Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

First time I've been here and what a surprise this was. The staff were really good and the food was first class and lots of it well worth a go.

Reviewed June 18, 2019

My partner and I visited Blue Legume yesterday and it was honestly nothing short of wonderful. The staff were so, so welcoming, efficient and made us feel incredibly comfortable. I ordered a spinach, feta and tomato omelette and it was absolutely delicious! We left here feeling extremely happy with the whole experience and when I'm visiting the area next, I will definitely be sure to visit here. Loved it!

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

Service was friendly enough apart from the waiter who was a bit rude.

Ordered a panini which didn’t have the right filling. Asked for extra salad instead of crisps - it came with crisps. Chicken was dry, the pesto was in one area and one slice of tomato in the whole panini.

Steak sandwich was tough - thank god for the chips.

Wobbly table which caused full drinks to spill - made to pay for second ones.

£40 spent to leave hungry and extremely dissatisfied. Next time il stick to what I know and go to acoustic.