“Really deteriorated”

Ranked #4,348 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Went forr dinner in.their freezing cold conservatory.it was cold and unfriendly but the food used to be nice and wholesome. veggy burger was burnt unacceptably and they had put some lettuce on top to hide and the sea bass was hard and they had just put some tahini out of a jar on it.its over priced and not good value or taste pity used to be good place to go

1  Thank Claireodeon

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The cooked English breakfast and Eggs Benedict is the best thing on the menu here. We have had an evening meal, however the breakfasts are freshly prepared and seemed better quality, e.g. the sausages were big, plump and herby.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We visited on sunday 9/9/12 and were really pleasantly surprised. Visiting our son in Newington Green from Yorkshire at the time and regular visitors to London, we thought this bistro's food was fantastic. I had the goats cheese salad ( Amazing the best since i went skiing to Meribel!) Hubby had salad nicoise ( He loved it) we also orderd a steak sandwhich and a falafel burger which went down well with my son and partner.. The burger and sandwhich was served up with fries or wedges and side salad and we ordered a portion of fries(not really needed).. all meals were really big and tasted fantastic. We sat outside on the hottest sunday and it was a lovely ambience..It was good for me and the hubby to see another part of London to the touristy bits..
the meal for 4 with 3 soft drinks and one peroni came to £38.76 - Bargain.. wele be heading back there when we visit again..

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

This place has been a breakfast/lunch time favourite for me for over 10 years.

They have a huge choice of dishes, all of them fantastically cooked.

Their eggs benedict is to die for though. I've not had better at any 5* hotel.

The decor is lovely, the sheltered garden SO peaceful.

I don't think I would have survived London for 15 years without this place. I miss it incredibly.

2  Thank Exlondon L
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I enjoy the creativity in how the dishes and the selections are made.
Tasty food with good service