“Double booking”

Pizza Express
Ranked #13,804 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Whetstone offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
London, United Kingdom
“Double booking”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been at this place few times, the food and atmosphere is nice and staff are generally helpful, but we phoned and booked a table for our party of 6 in advance, when arrived manager apologised that unfortunately they already given the table to another party that they didn't have any booking and they haven't ordered their food yet, they offered us a table in their party area which it was cold and in isolation from rest of the restaurant, so we left for another place. I think this is down to lack of experience or management capability than to anything else. I probably wouldn't go back there for sometimes till I forgot about the incident and the embarrassing moment in front of our friends and family.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank mohammad m

Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service and good interior!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I ate at the Whetstone Pizza Express on my own whilst on a business trip in the area. My waiter "Michal10" (according to my receipt) was attentive and friendly. The food was good - I thoroughly recommend the Polpette Meatballs as a starter.

The building itself has a lot of charm once you get inside - the outside is clean and modern whilst the inside retains a lot of traditional timbers which are well blended with the typical Pizza Exress brand-image.

Would I come here again? If I'm ever in Whetstone again, definately!

• Visited June 2012
London
“Great”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Have eaten there on many occasions. Great food, great service and the old beams inside are wonderful.

• Visited November 2011