“Avoid” 1 of 5 bubbles

ASK Italian - London - Finchley
Ranked #7,773 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ASK Italian is one of the UK's leading casual dining restaurant brands with over 110 restaurants across the country. We are driven by a passion for authentic Italian food and culture and work with a number of expert friends, including chef Theo Randall, to bring the best of Italian life to the UK high street.
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We went for a meal on Saturday night. When we arrived there were children running around screaming. Once they left the atmosphere got even worse.
Our food was awful. My pizza came 10mins before my friends salad. The salad had a hair in it! My third friends food still hasn't arrived. The salad was remade, but then contained cold chicken. Third time lucky she ordered a pasta. It was hit but tasteless.
The waitress took no responsibility for the food arriving at different times. The manager was patronising. She offered us 20% off our meal, less than their online offer if we had gone any other night! We had to complain further to get the price of the two late meals taken off the bill.
A free cold coffee at the end didn't cheer us up. My worst meal in a VERY long time. You must avoid.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

London
“So disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We use to eat here regularly before enjoying a film and often worried whether they would have a free table. Last night we walked in to a near empty, newly refurbished, restaurant. Since our last visit the prices have rocketed and the portions dwarfed. Nearly £6.00 for a glass of red wine in a leisure park restaurant is just not on! I have a small appetite and often order something from the starter menu as it is the right size for me. This time I ordered seafood ravioli from the main course menu and was shocked when it was put in front of me. Thank goodness it was my order and not my husband's! If I had six pieces of ravioli I'd be surprised and this was £11.95. The bill for the two of us including two glasses of wine came to over £40 and it just wasn't worth it. Such a shame - we use to love it here!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tracy O
London, UK
“Service could be a lot better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went here after a horrific experience where we got no service so we walked out. Complained and was asked to give it another try.

The service was slightly better in that our order was taken in a timely fashion but could have been slightly quicker.

The food was excellent as it generally is and we had clean plates.

We decided against desert but decided to have hot drinks to end the meal on. As the restaurant was practically empty by this time it took quite some time for the drinks to arrive and getting our bill was difficult.

Food excellent, service needs to be better before would consider going again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
England
“Very Good Food and Service for Big Family Gathering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am very sceptical about big restaurant chains and often are disappointed with both the food and service and try to avoid going to them. However I had a big family gathering of 22 people and the staff could not have been more accommodating to us in particular because we were somewhat uncertain on numbers.

Our experience was excellent with superb service form a quite brilliant waiter. She was so skilled at her job and nothing was too much trouble. She coped so well even when there were latecomers arriving. With this number of people being served at once you always fear food will come in "dribs and drabs". It did not! All the food came out at the same time and was piping hot and of an excellent quality.

I will definitely give this chain of restaurants another go after this experience! I was pleasantly surprised!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good food bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed a delicious pizza at Ask in clean and pleasant surroundings. However, the staff were very slow and uninterested in serving us. When our pizzas came after quite a wait (the restaurant being quite empty) they were cold and had to be sent back. They were reheated and brought back by a sour faced waitress who was clearly annoyed at me wanting my food hot. However, the pizza was very nice but I think we will take away next time.

• Visited January 2013