“Excellent tapas , lively atmosphere”
Review of Barrafina

Barrafina
Ranked #187 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Barrafina is an authentic Spanish tapas bar located in London's Soho. It serves a traditional but contemporary, regional a la carte menu and there is a daily blackboard of specials, created by Executive Head Chef, Barragan Mohacho. Barrafina operates a first come first serve queuing system, and does not take reservations for their 23 stools. However, part of the fun of dining there is eating little bites and sipping on something delicious while making the line. The kitchen is open and guests are close to all the action and drama while their food is prepared.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Small restaurant with stools only no tables .Waited about 45 minutes to sit down . Had a drink at stand up bar . Limited food menu to get you started
before you sit down . Everything we had was great . We had stone bass special , ham croquettes , chips with bravo sauce, chicken thigh with romesco sauce . It is not gourmet but everything was tasty and freshly prepared . Dishes were delivered quickly . Service was friendly and focused for a very busy place with limited space .

There are newer reviews for Barrafina

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I had read a very good review of this Tapas restaurant and wanted to take my husband here on his birthday weekend visit to London down from Scotland. As you have to queue and no bookings are possible, I hoped that by arriving near the lunchtime closing, we would get two seats at the bar. How wrong was I! It looked like we would have to leave disappointed and hungry. However, the combination of the 3 people in front of us in the queue giving up and leaving, the AMAZING encouragement and support from the manager and two extremely kind gentlemen (having paid their bill) leaving their bar seats to finish their drinks at the side of the restaurant, enabled us, with seconds to go before last orders, to be seated!! WOW!! What service and warm hospitality!!
The food was delicious and the best tapas I have eaten outside Barcelona. My husband is more adventurous than me so among his dishes were the barnacles and the sheep's brains. At the end of the meal, he was brought a beautiful slice of chocolate tort (I was too full by this point) with a candle in it and had happy birthday sung to him. A heart warming end to an amazing adventure, it felt. Thank you Barrafina! Thank you to all who made this possible! This was the highlight of his weekend!.

2  Thank Superquine
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The restaurant opens at 5pm. We arrived at 5.15 on a Friday evening and there were already 3 groups waiting for a table before us. My wife was not happy (with me) after we were told to wait for about an hour. I wasn't too hungry so actually didn't mind! I also didn't expect the wait to be a full hour. However, people sitting at the tools really took their time finishing (why not, we eventually did the same) so we waited an hour afterall. Went mostly for seafood options this time. Wonderful. Really good food, enthusiastic service and great atmosphere. Totally worth the wait.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is close to my favourite place to eat in the whole of London. The food is amazing, along with the atmosphere. The courgette flowers are a personal favourite, if you like goats cheese its a definite must. Every course i've ever eaten here has been cooked to perfection and love watching the chefs in action. If you haven't tried this place the wait is always worth it.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here on numerous occasions and the food is always outstanding. Great ambience, great service, great food. I'll always stop here for a bite to eat if I'm passing. If you don't arrive when it opens, be prepared to wait around 45mins for a seat but you can drink and order nibbles while you wait!