“Fantastic quality food n service 8.5/10”
Review of Barrafina

Barrafina
Ranked #199 of 23,845 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Barrafina is an authentic Spanish tapas bar located in London's Soho. It serves a traditional but contemporary, regional a la carte menu and there is a daily blackboard of specials, created by Executive Head Chef, Barragan Mohacho. Barrafina operates a first come first serve queuing system, and does not take reservations for their 23 stools. However, part of the fun of dining there is eating little bites and sipping on something delicious while making the line. The kitchen is open and guests are close to all the action and drama while their food is prepared.
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Went 2day 4 lunch, Monday arrived 2pm . Not that busy.
Greeted well , explained menu & specials & ordered away.
Wide selection from bar snacks, fish, shellfish, meat & veg / salads.
All the dishes were great. A few things , razor clams just a little overcooked, a but of grit in clams but told chef and new batch was brought to us. The best was the brill & octopus . I wish they could have some more varied vegetables / salads though.
Prices a little steep, especially seafood but worth it !!! Service excellent throughout.
Would def return & recommend but wud avoid peak times & no wait !

8.5/10.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,606)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been coming back to Barrafina on and off for the last 5 years, I went last week with my girlfriend and I was really impressed with the meal we had (which was good as I had been selling the place to her a lot).
I really enjoy the queuing, with a bottle of wine and a few nibbles along the way, so by the time you sit down its even more rewarding.
The food is always excellent, as is the service, easily one of my favorite restaurants in London.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This place has 23 seats and does not take bookings...and is popular...think about it...you can get there before it opens, go off peak or wait in line...I suggest you don't set your heart on a particular time as you may be disappointed...

We went for a boozy Sunday lunch...arrived at 12.45... By 12.55 the que was circa 25 deep...

We had so much fun...talking to staff, our neighbours...the food was fab...we spent £150 for 2 with 2 bottles of wine...we shared dishes with our neighbours...we were there for 3 hours...

Looking forward to returning...

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Arrived just after 5pm opening time to find every seat taken, however the one hour wait was eased by a very good glass of sherry and a couple of bar snacks. Knowledgeable, friendly staff were excellent and attentive throughout. The food really is the star of the show, simple, fresh and beautifully cooked, 2 of us shared 5 dishes on top of the 2 small snacks and every one was superb. Thoroughly recommended and good value for such Hugh standards.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Having a weekend away in London with no restaurant reservations already secured was a daunting thought but my partner and I had read chosen Barrafina on the fantastic menu and reviews and despite waiting an hour and a half for two seats to become available, I'm glad we waited as the food was tremendous.

The wait for food was eased somewhat by the ability to order smaller Tapas dishes to accompany the drinks that we had whilst we slowly moved along the back wall of the restaurant, edging nearer to our final seats. This, combined with the sight and smell of the dishes being served to those diners already seated, really did make the wait pass with ease.

We decided to stick with a predominantly seafood based evening, enjoying Anchovies, Octopus with Capers, Gambas al Ajillo and Tuna Tatare with the most fantastic jamon & spinach Tortilla - The tortilla dishes really are worth trying!! The two stand out dishes for us were the Percebes (Goose Barnacles as we finally found out after searching the name on our return home), which were eloquently described by my partner as being 'tiny, fishy, dinosaur feet' and the second dish being the Tellines (clams) which were beyond doubt, one of the best seafood dishes that we've ever eaten - Just remember to order bread so that you can soak up the sauce!!

The bill for two of us came to a little over £100 with service charge on top [12.5%] for 9 dishes, and several drinks which in our opinion was great value for money given the sensational food, great hosting and service and having a hugely relaxing evening.