“Relaxing and Tasty Meal”

Giotto Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Giotto Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,071 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Description: Italian Restaurant near British Museum near Shaftesbury Theatre and Tottenham court road. Oxford STREET, COVENT GARDEN
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The food was hot and tasty, and nicely presented. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere was quite relaxed. The prices were pretty average for London. I would return there .

1  Thank Mofurum

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We chose this by chance as it was close to the theatre. We were greeted with smiles and shown to our table - quite a compact little restaurant but not squashed either. The menu is typical Italian but of good quality - my husbands Home made vegetable soup was a little spicy but he said it was perfect - my bruschetta was also lovely. We had pasta and lasagna and again very nice and right size portions. Dessert and coffee also nice although the choice of desserts was quite small - the home made tiramisu looked good though! There was a pianist playing which was lovely and not intrusive. My only minor criticism was the toilet which has too small a bin for the paper towels and was therefore overflowing - and as with most toilets in London restaurants - needs a make over. (It was clean though and had soap and paper towels). So all in all a good choice and I would return if I was in the area again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful little restaurant with great service by Sicilian Manager. I had a fresh Ravioli as recommended it and it was best dish I have had for long time. Definitely will visit again when around

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Beautiful little restaurant with good food, service and live piano music. We would recommend. This is Antonio I promised the owner to write review on tripadvisor. We had a wonderful meal. Thanks

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I Used Trip Advisor to find a recommended restaurant near the British Museum. We were going to the Pompeii exhibition and wanted an Italian meal. Giotto's was right from the start, not pretentious, welcoming atmosphere, friendly attentive staff, piano music and filled up quickly after we arrived about 6:30. The salads were as fresh as could be and tasty. My wife had Spaghetti alla Carbonara, which she had been looking forward to and it "just hit the spot". I had Scallopine Al Limone, which could have been overpoweringly lemon but was beautifully balanced. All in all just what we wanted and expected. I may have had better food and wine, but not in a busy part of London at such a reasonable price. The impression I have is that they can do this over and over and will be equally pleased to see you as a local, regular or an occasional visitor. I shall make an effort to go back.