“Very very nice”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Citrus is a casual restaurant featuring modern Italian cuisine. Passionate about the fresh, lively flavours and ingredients of modern Italian cooking, Citrus' chefs create menus that combine the best of traditional Italian dishes with modern techniques and flavours. All foods are made entirely from fresh ingredients in-house, including the ice-creams and sorbets. We pride ourselves in friendly service, and our team will be happy to offer recommendations and answer any questions that you may have about our menu. In the Summer, our terrace is a great place to relax for a lunch with friends, overlooking Green Park. Citrus restaurant was awarded a"Certificate of Excellence" by TripAdvisor in 2013 with which is given to businesses and restaurants that consistently earn top ratings from travellers.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

So good was the food,service and experience it was almost embarrassing that we had a 50% off the food deal by booking with Top Table.
It was worth the full price and we will definitely return. The tripadvisor photo doesn't do the place justice and it has the top hygiene rating.

2  Thank BilloEngland

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I booked this for a special occasion and telephoned ahead asking for a nice table. We got a window table which in effect makes it quite a private dinner. Service was attentive and efficient. Decor and ambience was good. The restaurant is located within the Park Lane hotel. The prawns with almonds was a strange combination as a starter and did not leave a nice after taste. The wild boar starter was better, but I would not choose either again. I had the sea bream for the main which was delicious and the tiramasou was the best I have ever had. I would recommend this restaurant. The pizzas seem reasonably priced along with some other dishes. The starters and main dishes are reasonable if booked through top table with 50% off. All in all a nice meal and well priced. Even got my shoes shined in the rest room.

2  Thank Akira1981
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We booked this restraint on table pouncer, when we got there we released we didn't need to as there were quite a few empty tables. Our coats were taken and put on a coat stand, and we were kindly taken to our seats. The service was very good, a member of staff on hand at all times, there as soon as we needed anything! The food was gourmet and amazing! The steak was perfect, and the starter was explained to us which was lovely!
The meal cost under £35, which is amazing for such a beautiful meal! We had an offer from booking through table pouncer I think, which included a free drink!
If you are thinking about going here for a special occasion - do it!

1  Thank sallypancake098
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went for a meal with 50% off the food bill with some friends and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
The Italian food is lovely (try the tiger prawns...!!!) and is a real bargain if you book through one of the websites offering deals.
The staff knew we were on a deal but did not treat us any differently and made us feel welcome. When the bill arrived the discount had already been applied.
Bit difficult for parking but then this is Central London.

1  Thank Frumpsta
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I found this restaurant to go to before my boyfriend and I headed off to see Wicked the musical, as it wasn't too far away.

The restaurant itself is lovely on the inside, with big heater that greated us warmly especially after walking on a chilly December morning. We had a great seat just inside the restaurants front door in a little alcove with a great view of the main road and all the Christmas shoppers walking by - great for people watching!

The waiter took our drinks order (rose prosecco £36/bottle) and our food ordered and then disappeared for a very long time. (In this time I went to the ladies which you have to visit because the toilets are lovely and in the hotels lobby was a magnificent Christmas tree).

Almost 30-40mins later the manager comes up to us and says that there has been a problem witht the order. My boyfriend ordered the goats cheese salad and the chef is not happy with the radicchio, and would he like something else to order or shall he just leave it out. First of all the manager was lovely - but why did this have to take so long.
He opted to have it left out, but also stated that we had theatre tickets and had to leave before 2pm.

Our starters came, my baked tiger prawns were gorgeous, and the goats cheese salad was also very nice.
For mains my partridge red wine risotto was lovely and the perfect size ( I opted for the smaller option) although it was a little fatty because the skin was still left on which I am not a massive fan off. My boyfriend had chicken which he enjoyed. Fat chps on the side were gorgeous, and I especially love the little glass jars of condiments that they bought out.

Once our food arrived the service did improve, except when our mains were being taken away we asked the manager for the bill which he went off to get, then the waiter came along 5 mins later and asked if we would like to see the desserts menu - no can we have the bill please, he then disappeared, and then we had to signal to the manager for the bill again, which the waiter finally bought over!

This place is really lovely, and the food is so good, but the service does let it down which is such a shame - if I wasn't in a rush to eat somewhere I probably would come here again.

1  Thank Amanator