“Food poisoning”
Review of O Moinho

O Moinho
Ranked #5,283 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Food poisoning”
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Last Saturday evening my mother (who was staying with me overnight before taking the Eurostar to Paris)and I decided to try this restaurant, as we both enjoy Portugese food and this place isn't too far from my house.

The meal was pleasant we ordered the mixed seafood platter for two people. The seafood was a good variety but no butter or Tabasco we're available which was a shame.

Unfortunately I have woken up this morning with all the symptoms of food poisoning and can barely move. After contacting my mother she is in the same condition, ruining her trip to Paris.

I am incredibly angry at this restaurant for the pain and disruption they have cause.

1 Thank KateAngharad

Brighton, United Kingdom
“A gem of a portuguese restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

If you want to eat Portuguese come here. Warm welcome and excellent service. Fish was fresh, and good wine to accompany. Scrummy desserts but ask for the home made not off dessert menu. I thought it was good value.

St Peter Port
“Superb”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We had lunch before a show at the LOST Theatre. Professional and friendly service. Lovely food, generous portions. Great value.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Dan_Guernsey
Perth, Australia
“Fabulous menu, fabulous food, a little piece of Portugal in London”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I fully recommend O Moino - "The Windmill" - Portuguese restaurant on Wandsworth Road. I have been there numerous times with a friend who is Portuguese, and honestly I may not have ventured there otherwise....but what a loss that would have been.

The menu is excellent and I have tried meat and fish dishes which have all been absolutely wonderful to eat. I wholly recommend the steak with mushroom and cream sauce, or try the traditional stew. The cod Portuguese style is not to be missed either. The bread and little pates that come out at the start are lovely but warning, don't eat too much bread before the main as the portions are BIG.

Lovely atmosphere and very friendly, and very efficient service. A good wine list....and often fun to be in there when a Portuguese football team is playing, as it gets busy but in a friendly way and does not impact your eating experience.

"Obrigado".

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank happythundercloud
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“excellent Portuguese Food the wine selection is excelent too”
Reviewed May 10, 2008