“Awesome night out in the City! The place to be....”
Review of The Sterling

The Sterling
Ranked #6,151 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Housed within the magnificent Gherkin, The Sterling presents an airy setting with a stylish dining room, a spacious mezzanine dining area and a large terrace. An extensive selection from The Sterling menu includes crustacea, old-school sarnies to share, main courses and desserts. The venue is a popular choice for corporate lunches, large parties and events.
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit I was quite sceptical to go in this place again. I went to this bar a couple of years ago with work colleagues and had a terrible time. The service was horrendous. V slow staff, but worse still they just didn't care. I can remember receiving food that took a life time to arrive (with no apology), and when it did, it was cold! I wanted to complain, but I didn't want to get in the cue of people again because there were no staff on the floor. I vowed never to go back until my colleague (who was there with me that fatal night), told me I should try again. Reluctantly, practically dragged by my heels, I went back. SO pleased I did! TOTALLY different experience! Greeted with a smile by a lovely young lady, who was welcoming and helpful. At the bar was a very knowledgeable, friendly chap, who was enthusiastic and keen to talk to me about their selection of beers available, even let us taste a few samples... V nice! The food was complete contrast to last time. It was quick, hot and tasty. I recommend the delicious mini cheese burgers. The manager came up to us at some point clearing our food and asking us how are in evening was going. Having had a few drinks at this stage, I was quite happy to tell him what an awful an experience I had in the past but how much I was enjoying my evening! He was clearly genuinely pleased to hear that and also asked if we had tried the chilli squid, I explained no, 5 mins later a plate of the squid arrived from the lovely lady who greeted us at the door, she explained it was 'compliments from the manager'. Wow the squid was amazing and what a special touch! For me the little things make a big difference to the experience. GREAT night had, music awesome. Very much looking forward to my next visit! A big thanks to the manager for the squid, cheers

SterlingManagement, Manager at The Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

All feedback is appreciated, whether it is good or bad!

Here at The Sterling, we work especially hard to give the consumer the best experience whilst they are relaxing, whether it's dinner, or drinks.

Please feel free to book an area for you and your friends, here at The Sterling in the future, and we will endeavour to meet your every needs.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been to The Sterling a few times and always have a brilliant time! The venue is fantastic with high ceilings and lots of natural light (and loads of outside seating on sunny days too!),the food is great, the location is perfect! (directly under the Gherkin) and the staff are very welcoming and friendly. The manager Tim makes sure to say hello to me now as he has seen my face a few times which i think shows a very professional attitude and appreciation of loyal customers! A must visit bar!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I visited the sterling bar on the gherkin after going out for a few drinks after work.

I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at the bar.
The service was very good and the staff were very professional and enthusiastic.

I would definitely come here again and haven advised my colleagues to visit the bar for after work drinks and food.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I visited the Sterling last week for the first time as my friend is now working in that area. we fancied a quick glass of wine before heading home and we ended up enjoying a great bottle of Malbec and thanks to our waitress, an amazing platter of cheeses and cured meats! The atmosphere was fun and relaxed and we got into the same buzz as the staff and had few too many shots! Very impressed by the skilled and friendly service..... No doubt will become a regular destination for us ! Thanks team Sterling!

1  Thank Mara F
SterlingManagement, Manager at The Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank-You for your feedback on The Sterling. All feedback is appreciated whether it is Good or Bad!

Please feel free to come in again and make yourself known to us, we may have a little surprise for you........

In the future, if you are coming down with some friends, feel free to get in touch and book yourself an area - free of charge, of course! With the sun around the corner - there is only going to be one place to be in the city - The Sterling.

AGM - The Sterling

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I went in with a couple of colleagues and literally could not get served at the bar. This, however, was only because the waitresses were so good that we didn't need to get up from the table! I'm reasonably new to London and so am glad that I may have found my new haunt.

As we walked in they were just taking down the most impressive fish display as well - looks like there is probably some fresh sea-food dishes on over lunch. We had a platter which was tasty, but I'll definitely be back for the fish!

Although it's still pretty cold at the moment, I'm already imagining sitting in the sun with great service, an ice-cold beer and fresh fish. No way I'm moving from that spot!

Thank-You for your feedback!

All feedback is welcome, whether it is Good or Bad.

Why don't you come down to the bar with some friends and book a space - maybe outside? As the sun is on it's way, there is no better place to spend your summer afternoons, than here at The Sterling.

We hope to see you again soon.

AGM - The Sterling