“Good Local Food”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Unusual Decor and Good Cooking in a warm friendly atmosphere. Fusion cooking style, although the wine was a bit pricey!

1  Thank David B

Reviewed February 17, 2013

It's simple. Great food, great atmosphere, great, friendly service, reasonable prices. Whenever I have friends visiting from abroad, I almost always bring them here and they are always charmed.

2  Thank Mark T
Reviewed February 8, 2013

As other contributors have said, this is indeed a lovely restaurant to go to - romantically lit, interesting Moroccan cave-like decor, lots of nice decorative touches, comfortable, warm, quiet. Many of the tables are in alcoves, but they put two round tables together in the main area for 8 of us. Service was great, very attentive and kind. I had Moroccan Fishcake and chips - good chips, odd tang to the fishcake which I think could have done with being a couple of days younger. Dessert pretty nice (choc mousse). Two people next to me had jerk chicken, nicely presented and perfectly pleasant - I just didn't get the impression anyone was raving about the food. But a place to have a nice evening? I'd definitely go back for nice cold white wine, pleasant atmosphere, and the ability to hear everyone you're trying to talk to.

1  Thank shadbury_bonwell
Reviewed January 24, 2013

had an excellent evening recently at The Triangle - ours was a last minute booking on a snowy evening so the place was pretty quiet but we were really glad to have braved the cold to be treated to beautiful, flavoursome meal. The "international" menu is rather unusual and features ostrich and kangaroo (!!) as well as more standard fare. I had the Jerk chicken with a deliciously creamy saffron sauce, melt-in-the-mouth baked sweet potato and plantain chips. My companion had lamb tagine which was equally lovely. We kept it simple with some fresh mint tea to accompany our meal and we just couldn't fit in any dessert. Service was very friendly, efficient and unintrusive and the place is cosy and atmospheric with a Middle Eastern feel to the decor. Some lovely touches like essential oils burning in the traditionally tiled loos. I would highly recommend this hidden gem to anyone.

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Been coming here so many times and every time I left with the biggest smile. This place is vivid,magical and has something that most of the places are missing - spirit!
Looking forward to our next visit:)

1  Thank Fanartik