“Terrible place wouldn't recommend to anyone”
Review of Trailer Happiness

Trailer Happiness
Ranked #9,440 of 23,877 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Description: Trailer Happiness, THE home of UK Tiki, is an intimate Lounge Bar, Den and Kitchen on Portobello Road with the E-Z-boy feel of a low rent, mid-60s California valley bachelor pad.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The cocktails are really bad and expensive. I ordered a pomegranate with rom and it tasted like cheap concentrate juice with water with no rom at all. When I politely asked the barman to check if there was a mistake he replied really rude and did nothing about it. I just think it is a touristic trap no value for money

1  Thank KarminO

Reviewed October 6, 2013

What a cool location for a bar. This is absolutely the only good thing TH has going for it.

You descend down the stairs to see a dirty basement. Looks like a basement, smells like a basement, and the barman looks like he's never left the basement. So i went up to the bar and politely asked this man what wine they had, the one word answer was 'gavi'. I enquired further, he told me louder 'GAVI'. Lacking any other questions, i asked it it were nice? Expressionless, he told me 'its wine'. I gave up on questions and asked for a glass (which he actually sniffed before filling). Gavi = not good. This barman then got visibly irritated when my friend asked for fresh lime in her vodka & tonic - just unnecessary attitude & he was making everyone apart from him uncomfortable.

So some of our party ordered food (see photo for the menu - a FINE representation of what to expect here). After an hour some food came (not what was ordered), it was rubbery and stodgy. Don't bother with it.

Off to the loo - no loo paper. Not ideal for a women. Bear in mind this bar is pretty much empty. The hand dryer basically sneezed at me, the whole operation was just a let down!

I think the positive reviews of this place were written after drunk nights out when all of the points i have highlighted wouldn't have been noticed. I genially don't know how these guys are still in business.

3  Thank rio p
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went here for a friends birthday. It was the launch of their new menu, and this was given to us on a scrap piece of paper. The guy behind the bar was incredibly rude, and sniffed my friends wine glass to check if it was clean! when she inquired if the wine was good, he said dunno its wine. I waited an hour for my dumplings, which was handled well by the staff, and i understand that it was their first day doing the new menu, so didnt mind waiting. The dumplings were average and very gloppy!

1  Thank welltravelled_22_11
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had made a Top Table reservation for dinner on New Years Eve. Unfortunately, when we arrived, the place was closed. My husband called Trailer Happiness and they said that they were serving dinner, rum and had a DJ. So, we walked to Notting Hill from the Hilton Kensington. The bar is in a basement and has super funky 60's tiki bar decor. Since we had to skip dinner, we were the first ones there, but I think that was to our benefit. The bartenders, staff, and even chef were welcoming and super generous. As the restaurant filled up, our hosts became more social. The crowd was super hip and we had a great time.

The food is incredible. We had the calamari, smoked duck and salmon salad. The labels alone don't do the dishes justice. The fried calamari was the clear hit out of the three and contained thin slices of garlic FRIED along with the calamari. It was "stupid good" we decided. On our next stop in, the hubs and I decided that we will get the burger. Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank BrittTravelGal
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Trailer Happiness is officially my favourite bar in West London! I don't know if it's the 60s vibe or the great drinks but the vibe is always friendly and the music is always quality. The food is also surprisingly good for a cocktail led bar, if you're anywhere near W11 get yourself down there!!