“Bit hard to review if the staff is rude and you walk away”
Review of The Providores

The Providores
Ranked #2,016 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Tried to get a table on a cold evening on the 31st, being told that I couldn't wait inside and they would not keep a table if I came back in 5-10 mins or as suggested by them. The end result walked down to union cafe. .

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Tapas are excellent Asian fusion, well prepared and cooked. Great wine, buzzy ambience. Restaurant upstairs good but prefer tapas downstairs.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We ate in the posher upstairs restaurant. We arrived at mid-day for a business lunch, but the third person did not arrive until 1pm, but this didn't seem to matter for the waiters, who were courteous & plied us with bread! I had the smoked eel to start, which was a multitude of flavours & very pleasant. My two colleagues had the soup, which whilst not looking the most exquisite, was devoured by both. For main, I had the duck breast with fois gras - my colleagues both asked the chef for a plainer sea bass than the one on the menu... with a plain salad, which they said was perfect. We passed on dessert. A lovely experience in every respect... although on a weekday lunchtime it is more a business venue, than something more romantic...

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This place is buzzing downstairs, then you assend the stairs to a calm oasis. The menu is laid out with soups, fish, vege, meat and desserts, and you can order as many courses as you like in an order. I loved that; also everyone on the table does not have to have the same, and can have whatever they like.

No pretention, no telling you how to eat, just good food, great flavours, presentation and wine.

Staff brilliant and attentive, highly recommend.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food was so good and beautifully presented. I like the smaller portion size so that I can try out more items. Service was terrific as well. Looking forward to going back again!

1  Thank Toochy