Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely amazing place! Had my birthday party here, downstairs and had the best experience. The venue was just right, Andy the manager is exceptional taking care of our every need making sure me and my guests were looked after and having a great time. Johnny the bar man was brilliant and the food buffet we ordered went down extremely well, not forgetting the amazing DJ Champs who caters for your every music need and banged out the tunes!! Best night and will defo be booking all my future special occasions here

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (361)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived at the restaurant, my husband is in a wheelchair, they put the ramp down for us as there is 1 stair up to the restaurant, we had not booked. They sat us down on a very nice table, then drinks and food was in full swing. we both had chicken thighs which were very tender delightful to eat, my husband had shandy and I had red wine, the food, drink, service and attention that we received was just fantastic, we will go again very soon, we will book next time as when we were leaving it got very busy, a great place.

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Went there at 16.00 pm on a Sunday, there was literally two other taken tables in the place. Yet both the waitress and the manager left us waiting for 20 minutes and when we told them why we were leaving they didn’t acknowledge us, nevermind bothering to apologise.

Reviewed December 17, 2019

Similar to a recent review. I had a Living Social voucher due to expire on 26th December, however having booked with the restaurant and quoting the voucher I was simply told they weren't accepting vouchers during December. This leaves me with an unusable voucher - very poor service, and communication with the voucher company must be non-existent. Do not offer voucher with incorrect product description - misleading potential customers.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 12, 2019

Turkish restaurants are the heart of many areas but Gem in Islington is exactly what it's name suggests. Although it's basic food it is served in good quantity and freshly cooked on your behalf. The staff are very friendly and polite and a credit to the employers.
Our small group of four have been to the restaurant a couple of times and on this occasion (12th December) found a number of Christmas diners ahead of of us, nevertheless we were welcomed and served very quickly with the lunchtime special
(£13.95 for three courses). Just couldn't fault the starters, Taramasolata, Calimari, Prawns and Aubergine whilst we had various grilled meats for mains, all cooked for us and piping hot.
Not worth adding more it's simply excellent value for money, try it for yourselves.

Date of visit: December 2019