“Best Turkish restaurant in London”
Review of Kazan Restaurant

Kazan Restaurant
Ranked #172 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Food was excellent Service second to none. The Waiters and Waitresses couldn't be nicer. It was my Mothers birthday and we had a party of eight. Everybody had a different meal. Mine was the Superb Ottaman Grill. All the food was perfectly cooked and presented perfectly.
To top the evening off, they made Mum a cake and sung happy birthday. Top class. Thank you, and see you soon.

2  Thank Ken675
Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I went to Kazan Restaurant for a small celebration lunch. We were a group of 20 and we had really good time! The service was excellent - helpful and friendly. Everything was perfectly organized, and the food was delicious. Everyone was pleased with the choice of the restaurant. So we will be definitely coming back again!

3  Thank Anna240385
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have visited Kazan for a number of years but have not had the opportunity for some time.
However having found myself in the area I decided to take some guests there from over seas.
The whole experience in comparison to what it used to be, was very disappointing indeed.

There was a complete change of staff, which happens in many places but my pet hate is staff who are not familiar with the food that is being served is not at all professional.

When I used to go to Kazan the management and staff were all familiar with the menu. I found on this particular night that the waiter did not even know what Turkish tea was or how it was made kept pointing to the selection on the menu and did not know anything else about it.

The baklava ordered turned up as something else and not at all baklava. No one asked what flavour ice cream we wanted with our dessert but just served a rose flavour. He did not even know what cumin was, where do they find these people.

The tables were too tightly put together and we felt rather squashed. The acoustics were also bad.

Portions and the actual taste of the food has also gone down. I do believe it is still the same people who own the restaurant and they have taken their eye off the ball.

i found the whole thing very disappointing and will not be going again. its okay if you don't know much about Turkish food or how the place was like before,in comparison I can give it a 4/10.

Such a shame as it was once very nice.

2  Thank DuquesaLondon
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I took my wife and our two children here for a birthday celebration. The staff were so welcoming and helpful everything was completely flexible as one would wish, sharing dishes, choosing what would be served when, etc a wonderful experience. Oh and did I mention the lamb?! The lamb must be the best in London, divine. Really recommended, not too pricey and they make your evening feel special. We will return… my wife tells me!

2  Thank 110PhilipM
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Never tried Turkish food before until I was due to meet friends at Kazan, was very apprehensive, but I was extremely surprised. The food was excellent and the service very attentive. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank sutie76