“Best for bagels!”
Review of Carmelli

Carmelli
Ranked #92 of 293 Bakeries in London
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Carmelli bagels are truly delicious. They are just perfect! Nothing beats grabbing a fresh Carmelli bagel and munching it there and then. Perfect chewy texture. I give them the edge over Daniels, the other big Jewish bakery around Golders Green.

Super long opening hours too! Highly recommended

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I like Carmelli food, but they seem to have difficulty retaining staff. I live in South London, so I do not go there all that often and the people serving are always different. The standard of service varies between very good and borderline unacceptable.

Yesterday I gave them £20 and received back change from £10. They insisted I had given them ten and that they had rung ten at the till (which is not the same thing.)
I know I gave them twenty. I only had two tens that I got from the cash point the day before. I still had them after I paid them.
I went to the cash point because I needed a ten and only had twenties so I know that there were no other tens in my wallet.
I visually checked the note before I gave it to them and it was a twenty.

I should probably have made a huge fuss and called the police, but I didn't want to risk anyone losing their job, so I didn't.

However, I will not be going back their again. In future I will buy things over the road in Paradise Bakery who are also very good. I like Carmelli things, but I can live without them.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I used their take out service to cater for a function and found the office staff extremely helpful. When I picked up my order it was beautifully presented and the quality was superb and exactly what I'd asked for.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Quality Bagels and Burekas (run out of B's).
Decent Pizza. Nice Apple Pie and Honey Cake. Fave bakery in GG as consistently high quality.Kosher is never cheap, but decent value.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Open 24hrs 6 days a week so always good for a late night treat. yummy pastries and tasty breads. They also have a savoury section with bourekkas, mini pizzas etc