“What a gem”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It's hard to describe Little Bay as it's so unique. In the heart of Kilburn, which is not somewhere you'd necessarily go to for a chic night out but what a lovely evening we had. My cousin lives locally and took me and my friend there for dinner. We were delighted by the delicious food and the price was a refreshing change given what we're used to paying in London.

The staff were charming and the owner himself served us in the quirky little attic tables. The fact that he managed to get up and down the stairs without once hitting his head was a feat in itself.

Charming, cheap and very cheerful. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I visited Little Bay for the first time last night. Great food, great prices, interesting and varied menu and attentive staff. Well worth a visit. Next time I go I might just have two starters and a dessert. Fantastic

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Arrived at the restaurant 15 mins late after attending a local theatre production which had started late. Our apologies were talked down by the maitre d who plainly told tell us that they had a party of 6 following ours and they needed the table back in 1 hour 45 mins. All understood and accepted we were taken to the "overflow" restaurant and placed in a ridiculously cramped mezzanine/box type area and told we had to order in 10 minutes if we wanted to our avail ourselves of a specials option. And so the time checks and reminders to vacate the table began and continued right up until we paid and waited for our change.

We ordered quickly and the starters arrived quickly. However an insolent waiter constantly checked our table to see if we had finished the starters and began clearing the table before I'd even finished. Seconds later he was back and hovered while he waited for me to eat my last mouthful and whisked the plate away. The main course followed immediately and the Maitre d returned to remind us once more of the need to vacate in the rest of our allotted time.

Dessert arrived no more than 5 minutes after they cleared the dinner plates, at which time we still had 45 minutes left before we had to leave, but we were reminded again at which point I had to tell both the waiter and moments later the Maitre d that we were well aware of the need to vacate - thank you.

At no time at all did anyone enquire if we had enjoyed our meal, if we needed anything else which we did as there wasn't sufficient cutlery on the table or it wasn't suitable for the meal ordered or if we might like another bottle of wine (which hadn't been put in a chiller container) as clearly they wanted our money but didn't really want our custom. At one point one of our party asked for a water glass as hers had been cleared away and the waited grunted at her in goodness knows what language. At this point I decided we were not going to leave a tip, not a penny. However as we were a party of 7 service was not optional, so we agreed to pay the tip but didn't intend to give a penny more. We handed over the money and waited for our change and waited and waited. After being told that the party in need of the table had arrived I reminded them that we we waiting for our change. It arrived when we were waiting to leave and it wasn't till I got out that I realised that it was short - only by 70p but short nonetheless.

My friends are frequent visitors to the other Little Bay restaurants in London and they were appalled by the behaviour of the serving staff. I have no plans to go to one again and can only say that other than the waitress who took our food order not one of those staff members did that restaurant any service tonight. Yes, the food tasted good but the diabolical service made it rather difficult to enjoy.

3  Thank Bee J
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Kilburn isn't the most glamorous of places (albeit improving) and for me that's what makes Little Bay even more appealing! Although very busy and quite necessary to book a table at the weekend rather than just turn up, it still feels like a really unique and quite secret choice of eatery. Service is always wonderful and the food is such good value for money I'm always surprised each time I go back! Even the rather unappealing looking bowl of veg that comes with each main meal is super delicious! Above all else, what makes Little Bay such a fabulous destination, especially if you want a romantic meal, is the decor. Individual booths clad in velvet and gold paint leave you feeling like members of a theatrical royal family! I truly do love it here at Little Bay and hope it stays forever in the neighbourhood!

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

From outside you wouldn't expect the restaurant interior to be like it is: lots of small, separate areas are created (see photos) that create a cosy, different feel to the restaurant - I like it! I went here with my partner on a Friday night at 8.30PM and the restaurant was pretty full, good thing we made a reservation just an hour before we went there.

I ordered some kind of pastry roll filled with aubergine and ricotta, tasty and new to me. My partner ordered a steak with fries, which was good but not spectacular. We had a salad with goat's cheese as starter and shared a bottle of red wine and mineral water. As dessert we had a tiramisu that was nicely presented with chocolate sauce. The bill came to £45, a very reasonable price for the amount of food and drinks! The service was friendly and quick, all in all a nice dinner out.