New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Thatched House
Ranked #2,774 of 20,901 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: An amazing chilling and relaxing type of place. Plenty of room for large gatherings as well as a few snug areas for quieter more intimate dining and drinking.
London, United Kingdom
“Good pub with open fire and great fish finger sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Thatched House is a lovely West London pub with a real log fire that makes it toasty warm inside. We had a great extended lunch on a Saturday afternoon, started at 2pm and didn't leave until 11pm. The fish finger sandwich which lots of people had was really tasty, although slightly disappointed with the prawn cocktail it had a lot of cucumber which admittedly I'm not a fan of. The pub was busy but not too crowded seats available for anyone that wanted them. The service was good and I would definitely head back to the Thatched House, enjoyed spending an afternoon eating and drinking there.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Regrettably, A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I preface this review with the comment that it was regrettably a tragic afternoon at The Thatched House for us. If anything could be done wrong, it was done to us. Almost everything, as a matter of fact. To be fair, the pint of Guinness Cold was great.

Our friend ordered a gin based drink, and they got her the wrong one. The staff took it back. They got her another drink, which was yet again not to what was ordered, and in fact had completely different ingredients. Upon much inquiry and an interminable waste of time, we were told the ingredients for the ordered drink (on the menu) were not available, so they got some other random mix. What if she was allergic to something ?!?!? Not even the courtesy to let us know or apologise.

OK, let's talk about the food... the prawn cocktail was simply mini prawns tossed in some form of wilted leaves. No sauce, no taste, no flavour, nothing. The macaroni cheese was awful, to say the least. The roast beef I requested was cold and horribly under-cooked, the potatoes were actually fridge cold !

To make matters worse, we were made to wait a shade under an hour for the food.

I went for a second beer... Guinness Cold. The head was a shade over TWO INCHES. The people on the next table (not known to us) were so appalled by this, the gentleman from that table insisted and took my glass back to have it topped up properly. To note, the first pour was below the legal pint marking on the glass.

Incidentally, when I went to the bar for my second drink (as no one came to the table to take the second round order) I stood in front of the young chap behind the bar, while he did not even look at me. Across the counter right in front of him. Two others came to the bar after me and were promptly served, while I continued waiting, shrouded in the Cloak of Invisibility.

We eventually gave up and said we were leaving. Again, to be fair, the establishment did not charge us for the food, which was as such uneatable.

A monumental waste of 2 hours.

I now explain the preface of regret.... this is otherwise supposed to be an excellent establishment. The manager (or was it owner) is personally known to my host. The bar staff are very familiar with my host. She visits this place often enough for almost all staff to know her by name, and for her to know their's.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank thesahib
London
“A proper pub in West London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Well-kept real ale, lovely food and a real log fire. Plus a courtyard garden in the summer. Dog friendly and really good service. Excellent wine list with some smashing Riojas and Ozzie quaffers. My husband and I did our courting here many years ago and despite revamps and refurbs, it's still a great local.

• Visited August 2012
London
“Great food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Great food and service!

2 Thank lukastan
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food for a pub. Good beer and large wine selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

Good food for a pub. Good beer and large wine selection

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook