“More than delicious!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have never eaten so much bread in my life. Kept ordering bread to wipe absolutely all of the sauce from my plate. SO tasty, you don't wanna leave anything in your plate! I recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for Chez Liline

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've been here maybe eight or nine times over the years, most recently in September 2012. It's a gem. From the outside, it looks nothing special. Inside, it's very simple. But the food is anything but. All kinds of fish with rich, often spicy sauces, but there's loads for people who don't want anything with heat. Even my picky teenage daughter demolished a plate of squid with a rich, garlicky sauce. Lovely service. The only thing that wasn't so good was the noise last time. It's never been a problem before, but there was a big table of about 20 people in who were perfectly nice but quite loud. Needs something on the walls or some carpets or something to damp it down a bit. Otherwise, always lovely.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We've been to eat here several times with family and individually as a couple. The food is always absolutely delicious, well prepared, seasoned and authentically cooked - I should know - my wife is Mauritian! The cooking style is Créole rather than Indian with French influence. I recommend the Baramundi which is superb. The portions are generous and service friendly.
Easy parking nearby after 6:30pm. Highly recommended,

2  Thank ian_the_bear
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We've been there many times now and we never had a disappointing meal! The seafood is always fresh and excellent and the service is always warm but not overly attentive. I don't know whether the dishes are very authentic Mauritian (as I've never tried other Mauritian restaurants before) but they are quite different from your standard 'modern European' seafood dishes.

The unfortunate (for the owner) and fortunate (for the diners) thing is that it's tucked behind the bus stop so it's easy to miss - it took us one year of living down the road to discover it - and as a result it's rarely full. But once you've tried it, you will certainly go back again and again - like us!

2  Thank Phylina
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We dined at Chez Liline for the first time on New Year's Eve 2011, partly on the recommendation of a friend. Despite the holiday season there was a selection of fresh excellent fish and seafood and a choice of two set menus; there is normally a much wider choice. The food was a delicious mix of French and Mauritian dishes with sauces to die for and excellent wine. The service was impeccable; friendly, unobtrusive and efficient.

3  Thank John C