“Mama Mia - A Real Gem”

Sarracino
Ranked #4,894 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manchester
“Mama Mia - A Real Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Four of us visited this small restaurant on the Sunday evening, having returned from the Diamond Jubilee River Pageant. We were all very hungry which was just as well because the sizes of the pizzas demanded huge appetites! It wasn't just the size though - the quality was superb and my Quattro Staggione was absolutely delicious. The service was cheerful and efficient and although there is little room it is understandable - the place is so popular.

• Visited June 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

Every time I go there I have the perception to be in Italy.

the food is very goo
Atmoshere is nice
Service is friendly

I raccomend it!

• Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Nice enough, great location, but didn't live up to hype!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Nice place - friendly staff, good location (on a nice/busy street in West Hampstead) and the prices are quite standard! I wasn't really a fan of the pizza though - something about the base of it, made it feel quite 'floppy' - it generally didn't sit well together if that makes sense! I have tried Sarracino twice now... same thing both times! I probably wouldn't go back, as there's a lot of other great local options!

• Visited June 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, but the worst service I have ever experienced!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

I visited this restaurant yesterday with some visiting family from overseas. The food was good but the staff could not have been more UNHELPFUL. When asked if we could replace a glass of wine in the set menu with a lemonade. they thought that 'this would not be possible.' I ordered a lamb and mushroom pasta dish and after a good half hour wait they produced pasta with aubergine and peppers for me (my two most unfavourite foods). At first they tried to insist that this is what I had ordered and when I objected, they did offer to cook the dish that I had originally ordered.Taking into account that by this time we had been at the restaurant for over an hour with a tetchy 4 year old, I suggested that I didn't want to wait and eat when everyone had finished their food. I suggested that they should not charge me for my meal....Well... they went away had a chat and then offered to charge me for the vegetarian pasta ( which is clearly what they had served me). I refused. They then returned to say that they would only charge me £4 for my dish. I said it was outrageous and the service was terrible. I have no idea what the end result was, as the bill was totalled up into 'drinks' and 'meals' and they had the cheek to already add the service charge to the bill! I asked if they had removed the cost of my meal from the bill and they said they had. I said that I objected to paying the service charge, but the waitress took my card and when the machine was handed to me to enter my pin, the total including service had been entered. Had I been on my own, I would have insited on an itemised bill, as I have a feeling that I did end up being charged for my meal and I would have insisted that the service charge be removed. As it was, one of the ladies I was with had booked the restaurant and I didn't want to upset her by making a fuss. However, as you can see I am still very angry about it and trying to get it out of my system right here! DO NOT GO THIS RESTAURANT!!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Lucy T
London, United Kingdom
“A real trattoria in West Hampstead”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Sarracino reminds me of a trattoria in Rome. It is cosy, warm and definitely has that family feeling. Great menu and wine selection. If you love veal, try their Timballo di Vitello. Great food, and service is a lot better than in Rome!

• Visited May 2011