“Don't waste your time!”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Kensington and Hyde Park
“Don't waste your time!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We went there with high hopes. Although the restaurant could have used a fresh coat of paint and some cleaner seats, we decided not to be prejudiced, and sat ourselves down. We ordered tom Yam, Vegetables And some prawns with garlic and pepper. The Chef had made both the prawns and vegetables with exactly the same sauce. And salty at that . Service was lukewarm, and the chef was singing or should I say, shouting like some bad karaoke night mare all through out our meal. We could not talk. Enough said.

• Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Substandard Toilets, average food and warm beer”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were in a bit of a rush to eat as it was my best friends birthday and she had been here before. After being seated we looked through the menu and ordered. The first disappointment was the beer arriving just above room temperature and barely chilled. Beer is something to serve chilled if you're a restaurant. There's no excuses. A pretty average meal. No use of fresh herbs and spices in the starter and one prawn in the Thai Spring Roles. Probably my biggest shock was the mens toilet. It looked like it hadn't been decorated in 20-30 years. I felt rather concerned about how other parts of the building such as the kitchen were being managed and the hygene. There wasn't really any atmosphere and the staff were not that friendly. Overall I bit of a wasted experience and I wouldn't recommend it. I think the bathroom freaked me out the most.I noticed on the way out the front steps were a bit shabby which I hadn't noticed on the way in so the whole place smacked of being slightly tired and rundown. That's said the interior was pleasant with it's array of statues and Thai cultural effects which would have been it's only redeeming points.

• Visited May 2014
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Oh Dear !!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

What a disappointment !! Thai Break has been a favourite of ours for some time, but this visit almost turned in to a farce. My friends main meal was a meat dish, the meat smelt so strange that we both were of the opinion that it was "off", no problem said the waitress, you can choose something else. Considering the time already had to wait and the fact that my main had already been served, my friend decided to share mine. This was ok until the bill arrived and we discovered that we had been charged for the "off" dish. What ensued next bordered on the farcical, the waitress refused several times to alter the bill, she would not get the "boss", when she was eventually persuaded to ask the manager to come the table, he refused to come, it was only after some considerable time that it was agreed to deduct the "off" dish from the bill "this time" !! Never Again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank jimone
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
“A regular favourite”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Been going to Thai Break 3 or 4 times a year for the past 20. Can't say I've explored the menu fully because I know what I like & generally repeat. Usually, start with sates & spring rolls, main course steamed fish with plain rice washed down with a few Singha beers. Staff friendly & helpful, they don't object to being chivvied along if they're slow, which happens occasionally when they're busy. Downside, tables a bit too close together, trip to loo down dodgy narrow stairs. Best to call and book the window seats because they offer more room and more privacy. Prices very reasonable for the quality of the food

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely decor boring food”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

the little restaurant has an exciting interior like an old fashioned Italian trattoria. the staff are friendly, but the food is missing any of the zing we expect from Thai food. why?

Visited January 2014