“Great food horrible service”
Review of Noor Jahan

Noor Jahan
Ranked #7,367 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: There's something special about Noor Jahan that not only attracts big-name eaters - Hugh Grant, Eric Clapton and Rowan Atkinson, but also a veritable army of devoted regulars who make a habit of dining there. Maybe it's the Chef specialities, like the special recipes for chicken, lamb, king prawns and duck, but also our own British invention of chicken tikka masala. Lunchtimes are slightly subdued with the business of the day, but evenings are more vivacious and warm. The decor is simple, the service welcoming, and the cooking convincing. No wonder Noor Jahan has been a local landmark for nearly forty years.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

There is no question that the food is good at this restaurant but the service is so poor. I have been here 5 times and each time plates are thrown at us. Water glasses are never refilled and the waiters pour wine in a sloppy manner, spilling over each glass. If the food want great, I would never go back.

There are newer reviews for Noor Jahan

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I visited the Paddington restaurant after reading many good reviews. I am a curry fanatic and eat out at least twice a week. I also tried the Bengal near Royal Oak tube the night before, which was also dissapointing. Everything started well. I was first in but the waiters were very good and nice warm crisp poppadoms arrived within minutes - one of the dips was spicy coconut which was really nice and something I had not tried before. I had the tandoori lamb chops to start and they were fabulous. I ordered chicken jalfrezi for the main. Its the first time I've seen a green jalfrezi. Chicken was overcooked and there waqs so much coriander you could not taste anything else - and I love coriander. Really dissapointing after the great starter.

It may just be this dish that is rubbish so if I am nearby agian I may try them again and order something different.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Been there seen that. Once is enough. Never again. Dont try, go instead to burger king near gloucester road. Even that is better.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The restaurant advertises that it opens at 6pm so I arrive at that time and the waiter informs me they are not ready yet but will be in 30 minutes. I am left to just stand there. No offer of seat or drink. I left after waiting some time and took my business elsewhere.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

There is a second Noor Jahan close to Paddington Station on Sussex Place. It is good food and reasonably priced. It is fairly small and the tables are a bit too close together, but the service is good.