“Service Charge”

Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Salamanca Street
Transit: Vauxhall/Westminster Tube or Bus 77, 344, 360.
Description: Welcome in Chino Latino London Chino Latino, the award winning Pan-Asian South Bank London Restaurant is located at Park Plaza Riverbank London near Vauxhall Station. Our Pan-Asian food is served to share and dishes are brought steadily to the table creating an informal yet sophisticated style of eating and drinking - the best way to enjoy the taste sensation that is Chino Latino. Chef Seebach has previously worked for some of the top Pan-Asian Restaurants in London and now oversees the menus for the Chino Latino brand. Open for Lunch, Monday to Friday and Dinner seven days a week, choose from our signature Black Cod in Spicy Miso and Tempura Soft Shell Crab to freshly caught sushi and sashimi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We did not eat here but had drinks on 2 nights. The prices are high but that’s London - tough. However, we had an issue with a 12.5% service charge. The issue being that I went to the bar, ordered drinks and brought them back to our seats. So I provided the service myself. On returning to my seat, I realised from the receipt that I had been charged the service charge. The receipt stated that the charge was optional but I was never given an option. The second night, same again. This time I just handed the guy money and he handed back change and receipt. No mention of option. In fairness, the manager sorted the situation to our satisfaction. If you’re planning on drinking here, BEWARE. If this is common practice throughout London it needs to be highlighted and stopped.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed August 12, 2019

After a long day of touring London, we sat at the bar and had wonderful drinks with Matt. He’s a magnificent bartender. Definitely recommend the cosmo and pear martini!

1  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed August 7, 2019

We went for the Bottomless Sushi Saturday brunch. There was a lovely singer and the food was great. Unfortunately, the server was incredibly inattentive and simple things like water refills had to be requested multiple times.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 5, 2019

Staff were amazing and very attentive. I informed them that I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend and they went above and beyond to make it special. The food was excellent and very tasty. The band and the singer done an incredible job. I am so happy with the outcome.

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

Upsell, service sucks and inattentive. Food is not good, overpriced. Go to Galvin at Windows instead. Small portions, you leave hungry with a 150 pound bill. The worst of London. Don’t believe the other reviews, must be fake. Yes the sea bass was good, but the portion size is mismatched with the price.

Date of visit: July 2019
InesG1045, Guest Relations Manager at Chino Latino, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Dear Vladdum,

We are very sorry to read that you got a bad experience at Chino Latino.

We try everyday to improve our service even during the rush period to offer an excellent experience to our customers.

We would like to give you better experience in Chino.

If you would like to give us a new chance please contact me directly on igomot@pphe.com
Best regards