“Disapointing and overpriced”
Review of Chino Latino

Chino Latino
Reserve with OpenTable
Chino Latino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Salamanca Street
Transit: Vauxhall/Westminster Tube or Bus 77, 344, 360.
Description: Welcome in Chino Latino London Chino Latino, the award winning Pan-Asian South Bank London Restaurant is located at Park Plaza Riverbank London near Vauxhall Station. Our Pan-Asian food is served to share and dishes are brought steadily to the table creating an informal yet sophisticated style of eating and drinking - the best way to enjoy the taste sensation that is Chino Latino. Chef Seebach has previously worked for some of the top Pan-Asian Restaurants in London and now oversees the menus for the Chino Latino brand. Open for Lunch, Monday to Friday and Dinner seven days a week, choose from our signature Black Cod in Spicy Miso and Tempura Soft Shell Crab to freshly caught sushi and sashimi
singapore
“Disapointing and overpriced”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This restaurant certainly does not merit this raiting.
Service poor , food below averadge . You have much better options north of the river unless
you are stuck in this hotel.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank singazulu2
Jordan K, Brand Manager at Chino Latino, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hello Singazulu,

I am extremely disappointed to read your review of your recent experience.

As you can see from the rest of the reviews on this site, this is an incredibly rare event for us with 91% of the other reviewers recommending us, and rating us as excellent,

I am also sorry that you felt we don't merit our rating...however ultimately that is the great thing about tripadvisor - as our reviews and ranking represent the impartial views of the majority of our other guests.

I would like to get some more information from your recent visit and find out what you thought was so 'average'. Please feel free to contact me on my email: jkiziuk@pphe.com at your soonest convenience.

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Absolute gem of a place - amazing food, atmosphere and service”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Chino Latino is a brilliant restaurant on Albert Embankment. The food is absolutely amazing (especially the wagu beef), the staff are knowledgable and friendly and the whole place has such a nice feel about it. My suggestion would be to arrive a little before your booking and have a drink in the great hotel bar.

Hi Alex,

Thrilled you enjoyed your recent experience with us! (The Wagyu is my fav too!)

Great tip as well for a pre dinner drink...you know what you’re talking about!

See you soon,
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Not as good as previous visits”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Cannot put my finger on this evenings visit. Three of us dined at 7.30pm and the restaurant was surprisingly empty. City was full for the marathon so thought tables would be at a premium. Wife's food was good and my daughter enjoyed her steaks cooked on the hot rocks. However my black steak was disappointing for the price.
Maybe just a wrong choice. Would I return , I think so but maybe give it a miss on my next city visit.

1 Thank chris49215
Hi Chris,

It seems we didn’t get it right for you on your last visit, so please allow me to apologise on behalf of the team for this lapse.

Marathon days in London are tricky, with our restaurant historically being rather quiet - however this shouldn't have meant that your food should have been any different.

Please contact me personally ahead of your next visit so I can ensure we offer you an extra special experience to make up for it. My email is jkiziuk@pphe.com.

Kind Regards
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Long before Chotto Matte and Sushi Samba burst onto the scene fusing sushi with a South American twist, Chino Latino was plying it's trade on Embankment without drawing the attention it deserved. This might be explained by the fact it is a hotel restaurant that has not felt the need to follow the crowd and employ a high profile executive chef (who never cooks on site). Thank the Lord, I say! Chino Latino is a hidden gem in London. The food is mouth-wateringly delicious, the cocktails fresh and innovative and the service is par excellence. A++

• Visited March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Hi Dave,

Thank you for sharing such a thoughtful review.

Indeed we are far lesser known than our 'west-end' counterparts, however we are very passionate about our product here and i'm sure it shows.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Superb display of Pan-Asian cusine”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Recently returned to the restauarnt after several years away....glad to say I was not at all dissapointed! All boxes ticked from atmosphere to quality of the food with friendly and informative service! Wagyu beef taquitos are a must! WIll be visting again soon!

Jpl1984,

Kind words indeed! Thank you so much for sharing.

See you again soon!