“Lovely Restaurant”
Review of Chino Latino

Chino Latino
Reserve with OpenTable
Chino Latino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Salamanca Street
Transit: Vauxhall/Westminster Tube or Bus 77, 344, 360.
Description: Welcome in Chino Latino London Chino Latino, the award winning Pan-Asian South Bank London Restaurant is located at Park Plaza Riverbank London near Vauxhall Station. Our Pan-Asian food is served to share and dishes are brought steadily to the table creating an informal yet sophisticated style of eating and drinking - the best way to enjoy the taste sensation that is Chino Latino. Chef Seebach has previously worked for some of the top Pan-Asian Restaurants in London and now oversees the menus for the Chino Latino brand. Open for Lunch, Monday to Friday and Dinner seven days a week, choose from our signature Black Cod in Spicy Miso and Tempura Soft Shell Crab to freshly caught sushi and sashimi
London
“Lovely Restaurant”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great food with the staff being very friendly and of good service. The restaurant has a nice ambience about it. Cocktails are tasy and went down well. All in all an enjoyable dining experience.

2 Thank GaryJames555
Jordan K, Brand Manager at Chino Latino, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
GaryJames555,

Thank you for your great comments.

We also love the cocktails!

At the moment we are currently re-developing the cocktail menu, so perhaps worth a visit next month to see what we have come up with? We won't let you down, I promise!

All the best

• Polish first
Houston, Texas
“Cute staff but they aren't trained.”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This is the hotel in our restaurant so we tried it for both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast menu is short and the food is decent. Dinner menu is longer but food is still ok. The service was our main problem. The staff is sweet but are not trained. They brought sides 10 minutes after the meal and the appetizer is brought 30 seconds before the meal. If you choose to come here (don't make a trip it's not worth it). DO NOT ORDER DESSERT!!! My family ordered the passion fruit cheesecake, fried ice cream, and a banana toffee ice cream thing. All were terrible! The cheesecake tasted like jello and had a "marshmallow blowtorch" that is going to haunt my nightmares, the ice cream in the fried ice cream as well as the crust was bland, and the banana toffee thing was ok but not worth the price.

LaLa243,

It looks like you had a fantastic time when you visited London recently, but I was sorry to read that the service in our restaurant wasn't up to scratch.

We have a thorough training and induction plan for all of our staff, and we continue to develop the team once they have passed probation. On this occasion it seems we have fallen short of the exacting standards that we set our self.

Not in any way to defend what does seem like a bad experience for you and a rare incident for us, but the style of our food is to send dishes out as soon as they are ready to encourage everyone to share the food - but this ought to have been explained to your on the night.

At this stage all I can do is apologise on behalf of the team and I would encourage that if you do find yourself in London again, please drop by and we can make amends and give you a real Chino welcome.

With regards to your comments on the cheesecake, I have passed this on to the chef who will be reviewing it.

I would like to thank you for your comments, and rest assured it will be taken constructively to develop the team.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Food at a High Price”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I went to this restaurant after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor, and although I was not disappointed by the food (had great prawn spring rolls, scallops, red pepper and crab tempura, and sirloin steak), the price was much higher than I had anticipated. The restaurant itself has a lovely atmosphere, but it is located in a hotel, which takes away from it, in my opinion. The staff was very helpful, and it was a fun dinner. But I just couldn't get past our bill at the end of the night. For the amount of food, the price was just too high. The scallop appetizer was 12 pounds, for 4 small scallops! To me, that's just a bit excessive.

1 Thank KAW218
KAW218,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am really glad you enjoyed your meal. I have taken your comments on board with regards to prices, and please rest assured that we do constantly review our menu and pricing structure to ensure we are in line with other restaurants in London.

We also continually run special offers and promotions to add further value to our offering, which we run intermittently throughout the year. You can check for these on our website and also our social media channels.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food and Staff”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Celebrated my mum's 85th birthday with 15 family members. The staff helped with selecting the appropriate dishes as some of the group did not like sea food. The lamb cutlets, spring rolls with prawns and crab roll were amazing. Also the cocktails were great. As for the service i was really impressed especially with Gabriel, who was exceptional. The price in total was very reasonable and it was money well spent. Would certainly go there again and again.

1 Thank YOsi39
Yosi39,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad your Mother's birthday was a success! It's always great to host large groups in the restaurant as our concept works so well for this style of dining.

I will pass your kind comments on to the team and Gabriel in particular.

We look forward to seeing you again soon
London, United Kingdom
“Great Birthday Dinner with a friend”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to Chino Latino for my birthday in December booked via top table so got a good deal on the price of the meal. Deco it very nice, Food is great you end up wanting to try everything and looking around to see what everyone else is having as it all looks so good. Cocktails are yum I tried the Strawberry Chocolate Martini and the Ginger Bellini yum yum yum…. didn’t try the desserts as I eat way too much and had no room but they also look nice. Staff are very friendly and the atmosphere chilled and not rushed even when you have paid you bill, there is no one rushing you through the door but even so the bar next door is also nice so next time I go I will be making a full night of it. you have to try it great place for a great night out...

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank 2012CityGirl
Edina S, Chino Latino Assistant Manager at Chino Latino, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to share your positive comments with others on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to see your feedback about our bar and restaurant. I would happily share your feedback with our entire team who will appreciate it. If you would like to do full day out I would recommend to come on Friday when we are having 2 for 1 on cocktails from 5-7pm in the bar.
Looking forward to welcome you in Chino Latino another time!

Thanks,